@@ -456,24 +456,12 @@ DESCRIPTION
oe-core: directdisk.bbclass and mkefidisk.sh. The difference
between wic and those examples is that with wic the functionality
of those scripts is implemented by a general-purpose partitioning
- 'language' based on Redhat kickstart syntax (with the underlying
- code borrowed from Tizen mic, which in turn was borrowed from
- Meego mic, in turn borrowed from Fedora livecd, etc.).
+ 'language' based on Redhat kickstart syntax).
The initial motivation and design considerations that lead to the
current tool are described exhaustively in Yocto Bug #3847
- Though the current wic tool only uses the kickstart syntax related
- to partitioning and bootloaders and only for creating images,
- because the code is based on the mic/pykickstart code, future
- deployment efforts such as those partially described by Yocto Bug
- #4106 (https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4106),
- but also others including package selection (from e.g. binary
- feeds) and deployment configuration of users/network/services,
- etc, could be implemented under this framework, considering that
- all of those are implemented in some form by the base system.
Implementation and Examples
wic can be used in two different modes, depending on how much