[0/1] cronie: Updates to cronie

Submitted by wenzong.fan@windriver.com on Aug. 22, 2011, 6:37 a.m.

Details

Message ID cover.1313993805.git.wenzong.fan@windriver.com
State New, archived
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.pokylinux.org/poky-contrib wenzong/update_cronie

Commit Message

wenzong.fan@windriver.com Aug. 22, 2011, 6:37 a.m.
From: Wenzong Fan <wenzong.fan@windriver.com>

Some minor updates to cronie.

The following changes since commit edd8e1e8b974eb3f0f9f66c2207aadf43612350b:
  Scott Rifenbark (1):
        documentation/adt-manual/adt-command.xml: general edits.

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.pokylinux.org/poky-contrib wenzong/update_cronie
  http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=wenzong/update_cronie

Wenzong Fan (1):
  cronie: Updates to cronie

 meta/recipes-extended/cronie/cronie/crond.init |    2 --
 meta/recipes-extended/cronie/cronie_1.4.8.bb   |    8 ++++++--
 2 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

Comments

NiQingliang Aug. 22, 2011, 7:56 a.m.
Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?

I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.
Gary Thomas Aug. 22, 2011, 11:12 a.m.
On 2011-08-22 01:56, Ni Qingliang wrote:
> Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
>
> I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
> and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.
>

Just add these lines to your .conf (I put them in my ${DISTRO}.conf):
   # Provide pre-staged sources
   SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///opt/amltd/poky/sources/"
   INHERIT += "own-mirrors"

Simply point SOURCE_MIRROR_URL at your file cache.
Saul Wold Aug. 22, 2011, 8:27 p.m.
On 08/22/2011 04:12 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2011-08-22 01:56, Ni Qingliang wrote:
>> Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
>>
>> I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
>> and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.
>>
>
> Just add these lines to your .conf (I put them in my ${DISTRO}.conf):
> # Provide pre-staged sources
> SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///opt/amltd/poky/sources/"
> INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
>
> Simply point SOURCE_MIRROR_URL at your file cache.
>
You could also use PREMIRRORS in the developer's local.conf, point
PREMIRRORS for packages to your internal server (could be ftp, http or 
file when mounted via NFS).

Sau!
Gary Thomas Aug. 22, 2011, 8:55 p.m.
On 2011-08-22 14:27, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 08/22/2011 04:12 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> On 2011-08-22 01:56, Ni Qingliang wrote:
>>> Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
>>>
>>> I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
>>> and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.
>>>
>>
>> Just add these lines to your .conf (I put them in my ${DISTRO}.conf):
>> # Provide pre-staged sources
>> SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///opt/amltd/poky/sources/"
>> INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
>>
>> Simply point SOURCE_MIRROR_URL at your file cache.
>>
> You could also use PREMIRRORS in the developer's local.conf, point
> PREMIRRORS for packages to your internal server (could be ftp, http or file when mounted via NFS).

But then you end up typing all the patterns for the various file types, etc.

own-mirrors does all that for you by creating a PREMIRRORS variable based
on the single SOURCE_MIRROR_URL
Gary Thomas Aug. 22, 2011, 8:59 p.m.
On 2011-08-22 14:55, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2011-08-22 14:27, Saul Wold wrote:
>> On 08/22/2011 04:12 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
>>> On 2011-08-22 01:56, Ni Qingliang wrote:
>>>> Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
>>>>
>>>> I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
>>>> and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Just add these lines to your .conf (I put them in my ${DISTRO}.conf):
>>> # Provide pre-staged sources
>>> SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///opt/amltd/poky/sources/"
>>> INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
>>>
>>> Simply point SOURCE_MIRROR_URL at your file cache.
>>>
>> You could also use PREMIRRORS in the developer's local.conf, point
>> PREMIRRORS for packages to your internal server (could be ftp, http or file when mounted via NFS).
>
> But then you end up typing all the patterns for the various file types, etc.
>
> own-mirrors does all that for you by creating a PREMIRRORS variable based
> on the single SOURCE_MIRROR_URL

Also, to be used as a complete cache, SOURCE_MIRROR_URL should point
to the same cache directory as DL_DIR does.  So I really should have
said
    # Provide pre-staged sources
    DL_DIR = "/opt/amltd/poky/sources"
    SOURCE_MIRROR_URL = "file://${DL_DIR}/"
    INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
NiQingliang Aug. 23, 2011, 1:01 a.m.
THANKS! I will try it!


On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 04:59 +0800, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2011-08-22 14:55, Gary Thomas wrote:
> > On 2011-08-22 14:27, Saul Wold wrote:
> >> On 08/22/2011 04:12 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> >>> On 2011-08-22 01:56, Ni Qingliang wrote:
> >>>> Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
> >>>>
> >>>> I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
> >>>> and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> Just add these lines to your .conf (I put them in my ${DISTRO}.conf):
> >>> # Provide pre-staged sources
> >>> SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///opt/amltd/poky/sources/"
> >>> INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
> >>>
> >>> Simply point SOURCE_MIRROR_URL at your file cache.
> >>>
> >> You could also use PREMIRRORS in the developer's local.conf, point
> >> PREMIRRORS for packages to your internal server (could be ftp, http or file when mounted via NFS).
> >
> > But then you end up typing all the patterns for the various file types, etc.
> >
> > own-mirrors does all that for you by creating a PREMIRRORS variable based
> > on the single SOURCE_MIRROR_URL
> 
> Also, to be used as a complete cache, SOURCE_MIRROR_URL should point
> to the same cache directory as DL_DIR does.  So I really should have
> said
>     # Provide pre-staged sources
>     DL_DIR = "/opt/amltd/poky/sources"
>     SOURCE_MIRROR_URL = "file://${DL_DIR}/"
>     INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
> 
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
> MLB Associates              |    Embedded world
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Openembedded-core mailing list
> Openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openembedded-core
Saul Wold Aug. 24, 2011, 10:48 p.m.
On 08/21/2011 11:37 PM, wenzong.fan@windriver.com wrote:
> From: Wenzong Fan<wenzong.fan@windriver.com>
>
> Some minor updates to cronie.
>
> The following changes since commit edd8e1e8b974eb3f0f9f66c2207aadf43612350b:
>    Scott Rifenbark (1):
>          documentation/adt-manual/adt-command.xml: general edits.
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>    git://git.pokylinux.org/poky-contrib wenzong/update_cronie
>    http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=wenzong/update_cronie
>
> Wenzong Fan (1):
>    cronie: Updates to cronie
>
>   meta/recipes-extended/cronie/cronie/crond.init |    2 --
>   meta/recipes-extended/cronie/cronie_1.4.8.bb   |    8 ++++++--
>   2 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Openembedded-core mailing list
> Openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openembedded-core
>
Merged into OE-Core

Thanks
	Sau!
NiQingliang Aug. 26, 2011, 2:27 a.m.
thanks again, I have setup an internal package server (http), and the
client can use it in poky.

but I have another problem for git svn( for the .gz .bz2 package, no
problem), the source code of the packages using git/svn/hg are
directories in the server, does the client can use it???

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 15:56 +0800, ??? wrote:
> Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
> 
> I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
> and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.
> 
> --
> Yi Qingliang
> ???
> 
> Insigma
> 
>
NiQingliang Aug. 26, 2011, 2:47 a.m.
I found that: for every vcs (e.g. git) package, except a directory in
"git" or "git2", there is another file "*.tar.gz" in the downloads dir.

but for my own package, e.g linux 2.6.35 for i.mx28, only the directory
under "git2", I can't found the tar.gz file in downloads, why?

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 10:27 +0800, ??? wrote:
> thanks again, I have setup an internal package server (http), and the
> client can use it in poky.
> 
> but I have another problem for git svn( for the .gz .bz2 package, no
> problem), the source code of the packages using git/svn/hg are
> directories in the server, does the client can use it???
> 
> On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 15:56 +0800, ??? wrote:
> > Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
> >
> > I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
> > and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.
> >
> > --
> > Yi Qingliang
> > ???
> >
> > Insigma
> >
> >
> 
> --
> Yi Qingliang
> ???
> 
> Insigma
> 
>
Gary Thomas Aug. 26, 2011, 8:38 a.m.
On 2011-08-25 20:47, Ni Qingliang wrote:
> I found that: for every vcs (e.g. git) package, except a directory in
> "git" or "git2", there is another file "*.tar.gz" in the downloads dir.
>
> but for my own package, e.g linux 2.6.35 for i.mx28, only the directory
> under "git2", I can't found the tar.gz file in downloads, why?
>
> On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 10:27 +0800, ??? wrote:
>> thanks again, I have setup an internal package server (http), and the
>> client can use it in poky.
>>
>> but I have another problem for git svn( for the .gz .bz2 package, no
>> problem), the source code of the packages using git/svn/hg are
>> directories in the server, does the client can use it???
>>
>> On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 15:56 +0800, ??? wrote:
>>> Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
>>>
>>> I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
>>> and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.

Set this in your .conf
   BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS ?= "1"

When you use 'own-mirrors', you'll end up with a "downloads" directory
in your build tree.  This will include symbolic links to files already
found in your cache, as well as any files newly downloaded during a
build.  You probably want to push out the new files to your cache from
this downloads directory.