Patchwork [CONSOLIDATED,PULL,(Part,2),00/15] Tobe Reviewed and ACK'ed

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Saul Wold
Date July 28, 2013, 6:30 a.m.
Message ID <cover.1374992484.git.sgw@linux.intel.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/54623/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage2

Comments

Saul Wold - July 28, 2013, 6:30 a.m.
Paul, Ross, Richard:

This is part 2 of the C-Pull, part one was reviewed and ACK'ed on Friday,
these where some changes that have come in since, there are some additional
changes that I still need to review (Read-Only Rootfs specificly).

There are also 2 pending changes on poky, one from Ema for Regex and the
other from Lazslo for the layer.conf file.

This set address some of the external toolchain stuff also.

Thanks
	Sau!

The following changes since commit fe6fc253d6fe4ae08cfaaa05d82df54a277f575c:

  external-sourcery: add missing providers (2013-07-26 00:07:51 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage2
  http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/stage2

Andrei Dinu (1):
  libpng : upgrade to 1.6.3

Emilia Ciobanu (2):
  distrodata.bbclass: Remove whitespaces
  distrodata.bbclass: Include PRSPV variable in upstream version
    checking

Hongxu Jia (3):
  util-linux: use u-a for su
  shadow: use u-a for su
  move /bin/su to /usr/bin/su to match util-linux and shadow

Jukka Rissanen (2):
  ofono: Add systemd support
  ofono: Enable bluetooth automatically

Laurentiu Palcu (1):
  csl-versions.inc: instruct user to check local.conf

Ming Liu (3):
  libpam: deny all services for the OTHER entries
  util-linux: fix a regression
  util-linux: replace += with _append to EXTRA_OECONF_class-native

Paul Eggleton (1):
  classes/sanity: check for suid root command evility

Peter Seebach (1):
  Always try to build 32-bit libpseudo when NO32LIBS is set to 0

Saul Wold (1):
  bluez5: Add obex as a PACKAGECONFIG and package seperately

 meta/classes/distrodata.bbclass                    | 41 ++++++++++++------
 meta/classes/sanity.bbclass                        | 10 +++++
 meta/conf/distro/include/csl-versions.inc          |  1 +
 meta/recipes-connectivity/bluez5/bluez5.inc        | 10 ++++-
 meta/recipes-connectivity/ofono/ofono.inc          | 14 ++++--
 meta/recipes-connectivity/ofono/ofono_1.12.bb      |  1 -
 meta/recipes-connectivity/ofono/ofono_git.bb       |  4 --
 .../busybox/busybox-1.21.1/su-usr-bin.patch        | 26 +++++++++++
 meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.21.1.bb        |  1 +
 meta/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux.inc        | 15 ++++++-
 .../util-linux/configure-usrlibdir.patch           | 31 ++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux_2.23.1.bb  |  7 ++-
 meta/recipes-devtools/pseudo/pseudo.inc            | 50 ++++++++++++++++++----
 meta/recipes-extended/pam/libpam/pam.d/other       | 15 +++----
 meta/recipes-extended/shadow/shadow_4.1.4.3.bb     |  3 +-
 .../libpng/{libpng_1.6.2.bb => libpng_1.6.3.bb}    |  8 ++--
 16 files changed, 188 insertions(+), 49 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox-1.21.1/su-usr-bin.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux/configure-usrlibdir.patch
 rename meta/recipes-multimedia/libpng/{libpng_1.6.2.bb => libpng_1.6.3.bb} (64%)
Paul Eggleton - July 28, 2013, 10:48 a.m.
On Saturday 27 July 2013 23:30:50 Saul Wold wrote:
> Paul, Ross, Richard:
> 
> This is part 2 of the C-Pull, part one was reviewed and ACK'ed on Friday,
> these where some changes that have come in since, there are some additional
> changes that I still need to review (Read-Only Rootfs specificly).
> 
> There are also 2 pending changes on poky, one from Ema for Regex and the
> other from Lazslo for the layer.conf file.
> 
> This set address some of the external toolchain stuff also.
> 
> Thanks
> 	Sau!
> 
> The following changes since commit fe6fc253d6fe4ae08cfaaa05d82df54a277f575c:
> 
>   external-sourcery: add missing providers (2013-07-26 00:07:51 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage2
>  
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/
> stage2
> 
> Andrei Dinu (1):
>   libpng : upgrade to 1.6.3
> 
> Emilia Ciobanu (2):
>   distrodata.bbclass: Remove whitespaces
>   distrodata.bbclass: Include PRSPV variable in upstream version
>     checking

PRSPV doesn't seem like an ideal name for this, since it's really 
distrodata.bbclass that it influences. That said if we're planning on rewriting 
distrodata.bbclass in the near future (and I think we should), maybe it 
doesn't really matter what it's called, as long as it never appears in any 
recipes.

> Hongxu Jia (3):
>   util-linux: use u-a for su
>   shadow: use u-a for su
>   move /bin/su to /usr/bin/su to match util-linux and shadow
> 
> Jukka Rissanen (2):
>   ofono: Add systemd support
>   ofono: Enable bluetooth automatically

The latter change doesn't really enable bluetooth automatically, it just moves 
the check to the .inc file. I'd suggest the shortlog be changed to just say 
that.

> Laurentiu Palcu (1):
>   csl-versions.inc: instruct user to check local.conf
> 
> Ming Liu (3):
>   libpam: deny all services for the OTHER entries
>   util-linux: fix a regression
>   util-linux: replace += with _append to EXTRA_OECONF_class-native
> 
> Paul Eggleton (1):
>   classes/sanity: check for suid root command evility
> 
> Peter Seebach (1):
>   Always try to build 32-bit libpseudo when NO32LIBS is set to 0

The shortlog for this should technically have a pseudo: prefix.

> Saul Wold (1):
>   bluez5: Add obex as a PACKAGECONFIG and package seperately

Otherwise:
Acked-by: Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com>

Cheers,
Paul
Saul Wold - July 28, 2013, 10:29 p.m.
On 07/28/2013 03:48 AM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Saturday 27 July 2013 23:30:50 Saul Wold wrote:
>> Paul, Ross, Richard:
>>
>> This is part 2 of the C-Pull, part one was reviewed and ACK'ed on Friday,
>> these where some changes that have come in since, there are some additional
>> changes that I still need to review (Read-Only Rootfs specificly).
>>
>> There are also 2 pending changes on poky, one from Ema for Regex and the
>> other from Lazslo for the layer.conf file.
>>
>> This set address some of the external toolchain stuff also.
>>
>> Thanks
>> 	Sau!
>>
>> The following changes since commit fe6fc253d6fe4ae08cfaaa05d82df54a277f575c:
>>
>>    external-sourcery: add missing providers (2013-07-26 00:07:51 -0700)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>    git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage2
>>
>> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/
>> stage2
>>
>> Andrei Dinu (1):
>>    libpng : upgrade to 1.6.3
>>
>> Emilia Ciobanu (2):
>>    distrodata.bbclass: Remove whitespaces
>>    distrodata.bbclass: Include PRSPV variable in upstream version
>>      checking
>
> PRSPV doesn't seem like an ideal name for this, since it's really
> distrodata.bbclass that it influences. That said if we're planning on rewriting
> distrodata.bbclass in the near future (and I think we should), maybe it
> doesn't really matter what it's called, as long as it never appears in any
> recipes.
>
Ross and I discussed this also, and while PRSPV is not ideal, it was the 
one that makes the most sense given it's usage.  Currently the plan is 
for to only be in the distrodata and package_regex.inc (private variable).

>> Hongxu Jia (3):
>>    util-linux: use u-a for su
>>    shadow: use u-a for su
>>    move /bin/su to /usr/bin/su to match util-linux and shadow
>>
>> Jukka Rissanen (2):
>>    ofono: Add systemd support
>>    ofono: Enable bluetooth automatically
>
> The latter change doesn't really enable bluetooth automatically, it just moves
> the check to the .inc file. I'd suggest the shortlog be changed to just say
> that.
>
Tweaked in the branch

>> Laurentiu Palcu (1):
>>    csl-versions.inc: instruct user to check local.conf
>>
>> Ming Liu (3):
>>    libpam: deny all services for the OTHER entries
>>    util-linux: fix a regression
>>    util-linux: replace += with _append to EXTRA_OECONF_class-native
>>
>> Paul Eggleton (1):
>>    classes/sanity: check for suid root command evility
>>
>> Peter Seebach (1):
>>    Always try to build 32-bit libpseudo when NO32LIBS is set to 0
>
> The shortlog for this should technically have a pseudo: prefix.
>
Tweaked in the branch

>> Saul Wold (1):
>>    bluez5: Add obex as a PACKAGECONFIG and package seperately
>
> Otherwise:
> Acked-by: Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com>
>
Thanks for the weekend review!

Sau!

> Cheers,
> Paul
>
Ross Burton - July 29, 2013, 9:08 a.m.
On 28 July 2013 07:30, Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> This is part 2 of the C-Pull, part one was reviewed and ACK'ed on Friday,
> these where some changes that have come in since, there are some additional
> changes that I still need to review (Read-Only Rootfs specificly).

The contents of the branch sgw/stage2 doesn't match this log...
(specifically the branch at least has two conflicting bluez5 obex
changes and the texinfo update, which isn't in this log).

So, note that I'm acking the contents of this thread and not sgw/stage2.

Acked-By: Ross Burton <ross.burton@intel.com>

Ross
Richard Purdie - July 29, 2013, 12:14 p.m.
On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 10:08 +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 28 July 2013 07:30, Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > This is part 2 of the C-Pull, part one was reviewed and ACK'ed on Friday,
> > these where some changes that have come in since, there are some additional
> > changes that I still need to review (Read-Only Rootfs specificly).
> 
> The contents of the branch sgw/stage2 doesn't match this log...
> (specifically the branch at least has two conflicting bluez5 obex
> changes and the texinfo update, which isn't in this log).
> 
> So, note that I'm acking the contents of this thread and not sgw/stage2.
> 
> Acked-By: Ross Burton <ross.burton@intel.com>

Which leaves me wondering what I'm meant to pull so I'll just ignore
this for now, sorry.

Cheers,

Richard