Patchwork Issues with Qt5/mesa and eglfs

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Nicolas Dechesne
Date June 20, 2013, 6:15 p.m.
Message ID <CAP71Wjx-uL3CjmxtJwEhZJyDD5p5HWwEEKSEh-0h5aCmCxeGxA@mail.gmail.com>
Download mbox | patch
Permalink /patch/52165/
State New
Headers show

Comments

Nicolas Dechesne - June 20, 2013, 6:15 p.m.
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Nicolas Dechesne <
nicolas.dechesne@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Paul Eggleton <
> paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
>> I wasn't watching closely but my impression is there were a large number
>> of
>> changes associated with the mesa upgrade. Is the upgrade itself necessary
>> for
>> the fix?
>>
>
> no, i don't think so. I think we might be able to just update the patches
> that deal with the X11/no X11 support. but i haven't tested that yet. i
> just did a quick test by cherry picking the complete commit (e.g. mesa
> upgrade) to verify that it's actually fixing my problem. now that i know it
> does, i will try to just upgrade the patches without the mesa upgrade and
> report how it goes.


ok, i was able to backport the mesa patch from 9.1.3 to 9.0.2
(EGL-Mutate-NativeDisplayType-depending-on-config.patch) , the backport was
more or less trivial. and then i did this in dylan branch:

and it does fix the build issue i had (mesa/qt5/non X11 distro).

should that be merged into dylan (since it's merged in master already) or
do we need to wait for the 'final' patch in upstream to be ready?

thanks
Nicolas Dechesne - June 25, 2013, 11:59 a.m.
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Nicolas Dechesne <
nicolas.dechesne@linaro.org> wrote:

>
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Nicolas Dechesne <
> nicolas.dechesne@linaro.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Paul Eggleton <
>> paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I wasn't watching closely but my impression is there were a large number
>>> of
>>> changes associated with the mesa upgrade. Is the upgrade itself
>>> necessary for
>>> the fix?
>>>
>>
>> no, i don't think so. I think we might be able to just update the patches
>> that deal with the X11/no X11 support. but i haven't tested that yet. i
>> just did a quick test by cherry picking the complete commit (e.g. mesa
>> upgrade) to verify that it's actually fixing my problem. now that i know it
>> does, i will try to just upgrade the patches without the mesa upgrade and
>> report how it goes.
>
>
> ok, i was able to backport the mesa patch from 9.1.3 to 9.0.2
> (EGL-Mutate-NativeDisplayType-depending-on-config.patch) , the backport was
> more or less trivial. and then i did this in dylan branch:
>
> --- a/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-9.0.2.inc
> +++ b/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-9.0.2.inc
> @@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ SRC_URI = "
> ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/${PV}/MesaLib-${PV}.tar.bz2 \
>             file://0002-cross-compile.patch \
>             file://cross-glsl.patch \
>             file://dont-fail-if-libX11-isnt-installed.patch \
> -           file://fix-egl-compilation-without-x11-headers.patch \
> +           file://EGL-Mutate-NativeDisplayType-depending-on-config.patch \
>             "
>
> and it does fix the build issue i had (mesa/qt5/non X11 distro).
>
> should that be merged into dylan (since it's merged in master already) or
> do we need to wait for the 'final' patch in upstream to be ready?
>


Paul, Martin, what do you think about this? i have the (trivial) dylan
backport ready. Do you think it's the right time to get it merged?



>
> thanks
>
>
>
Martin Jansa - June 25, 2013, 12:22 p.m.
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 01:59:55PM +0200, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Nicolas Dechesne <
> nicolas.dechesne@linaro.org> wrote:
> 
> > @@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ SRC_URI = "
> > ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/${PV}/MesaLib-${PV}.tar.bz2 \
> >             file://0002-cross-compile.patch \
> >             file://cross-glsl.patch \
> >             file://dont-fail-if-libX11-isnt-installed.patch \
> > -           file://fix-egl-compilation-without-x11-headers.patch \
> > +           file://EGL-Mutate-NativeDisplayType-depending-on-config.patch \
> >             "
> >
> > and it does fix the build issue i had (mesa/qt5/non X11 distro).
> >
> > should that be merged into dylan (since it's merged in master already) or
> > do we need to wait for the 'final' patch in upstream to be ready?
> >
> 
> 
> Paul, Martin, what do you think about this? i have the (trivial) dylan
> backport ready. Do you think it's the right time to get it merged?

I don't have strong opinion about this one, I'm already using that
CFLAGS change in all recipes where it was needed (only few of them) so I
don't mind waiting for upstream for final solution. On other hand this
backport doesn't cause more work for me, so I don't mind if it gets
merged.
Paul Eggleton - June 25, 2013, 3:19 p.m.
On Tuesday 25 June 2013 13:59:55 Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Nicolas Dechesne <
> nicolas.dechesne@linaro.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Nicolas Dechesne <
> > 
> > nicolas.dechesne@linaro.org> wrote:
> >> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Paul Eggleton <
> >> 
> >> paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> >>> I wasn't watching closely but my impression is there were a large number
> >>> of
> >>> changes associated with the mesa upgrade. Is the upgrade itself
> >>> necessary for
> >>> the fix?
> >> 
> >> no, i don't think so. I think we might be able to just update the patches
> >> that deal with the X11/no X11 support. but i haven't tested that yet. i
> >> just did a quick test by cherry picking the complete commit (e.g. mesa
> >> upgrade) to verify that it's actually fixing my problem. now that i know
> >> it
> >> does, i will try to just upgrade the patches without the mesa upgrade and
> >> report how it goes.
> > 
> > ok, i was able to backport the mesa patch from 9.1.3 to 9.0.2
> > (EGL-Mutate-NativeDisplayType-depending-on-config.patch) , the backport
> > was
> > more or less trivial. and then i did this in dylan branch:
> > 
> > --- a/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-9.0.2.inc
> > +++ b/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-9.0.2.inc
> > @@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ SRC_URI = "
> > ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/${PV}/MesaLib-${PV}.tar.bz2 \
> > 
> >             file://0002-cross-compile.patch \
> >             file://cross-glsl.patch \
> >             file://dont-fail-if-libX11-isnt-installed.patch \
> > 
> > -           file://fix-egl-compilation-without-x11-headers.patch \
> > +           file://EGL-Mutate-NativeDisplayType-depending-on-config.patch
> > \
> > 
> >             "
> > 
> > and it does fix the build issue i had (mesa/qt5/non X11 distro).
> > should that be merged into dylan (since it's merged in master already) or
> > do we need to wait for the 'final' patch in upstream to be ready?
> 
> Paul, Martin, what do you think about this? i have the (trivial) dylan
> backport ready. Do you think it's the right time to get it merged?

I'd say please send the patch to the mailing list (marked with [dylan]) and 
then we can review it. By the sounds of things it should be OK.

Cheers,
Paul

Patch

--- a/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-9.0.2.inc
+++ b/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-9.0.2.inc
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@  SRC_URI = "
ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/${PV}/MesaLib-${PV}.tar.bz2 \
            file://0002-cross-compile.patch \
            file://cross-glsl.patch \
            file://dont-fail-if-libX11-isnt-installed.patch \
-           file://fix-egl-compilation-without-x11-headers.patch \
+           file://EGL-Mutate-NativeDisplayType-depending-on-config.patch \
            "