Patchwork [CONSOLIDATED,PULL,00/29] SystemD and other fixes

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Saul Wold
Date March 14, 2013, 7:02 p.m.
Message ID <cover.1363287636.git.sgw@linux.intel.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/46225/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage

Comments

Saul Wold - March 14, 2013, 7:02 p.m.
Richard,

I pulled Ross's non-controversial systemd patches, along with some updates
that I have reviewed and built on the AB (still in progress, but looking green)

One item to verify is Martin's package.bbclass change.

Thanks
	Sau!


The following changes since commit bd03014c8fd080e04dd0a96a6b4b9211568c1cf1:

  package_rpm: Ensure package dependencies have correct version numbers (2013-03-14 16:37:03 +0000)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage
  http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/stage

Andrei Dinu (1):
  psplash : update to latest SRCREV
    afd4e228c606a9998feae44a3fed4474803240b7

Constantin Musca (1):
  libxi: upgrade to 1.7

Cristian Iorga (4):
  libical: add recipe back in oe-core
  build-appliance-image: upgrade to newer poky revision.
  build-appliance-image: ethernet connection type is now bridged
  build-appliance-image: fix lost net connectivity after restart

Hongxu Jia (1):
  qemu-native:fix do_compile failed on SLED 11.2

Khem Raj (2):
  sudo: Compile mksigname and mksiglist for build host
  watchdog: Upgrade 5.12 -> 5.13

Laurentiu Palcu (4):
  inputproto: upgrade to 2.3
  xserver-xorg: upgrade to 1.14.0
  xf86-video-intel: upgrade to 2.21.3
  xf86-video-*: delete references to mibstore.h

Martin Jansa (2):
  package.bbclass: add debug-without-src PACKAGE_DEBUG_SPLIT_STYLE
  icecc: improve interaction with sstate

Olivier Guiter (1):
  neard: Update reference commit sha1 and install script

Ross Burton (11):
  connman: explicitly disable systemd if we don't want it enabled
  polkit: explicitly disable systemd if we're using consolekit
  xf86-video-intel: add explicit dependency on udev
  avahi: explicitly disable systemd if we don't want it enabled
  xkeyboard-config: remove long-gone build dependencies
  systemd-compat-units: add missing systemd-systemctl-native dependency
  busybox: enable swapon -p (91 byte increase)
  systemd: busybox's swapon now supports -p
  systemd: remove util-linux-mount dependency
  systemd: set the location of the kill binary
  systemd: remove libsystemd-daemon linkage in libudev

Zhenhua Luo (2):
  binutils: fix ineffectual zero of cache and array bounds issue
  elfutils: Fix size passed to snprintf for invalid sh_name case

 meta/classes/icecc.bbclass                         |  6 ++
 meta/classes/package.bbclass                       |  6 ++
 meta/recipes-connectivity/avahi/avahi.inc          |  2 +-
 .../connman/connman-conf/qemuall/wired-setup       |  2 +-
 meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman.inc      |  2 +-
 .../neard/neard/{neard => neard.in}                | 14 +++-
 meta/recipes-connectivity/neard/neard_0.9.bb       | 32 +++++----
 meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox-1.20.2/defconfig |  2 +-
 meta/recipes-core/images/build-appliance-image.bb  |  4 +-
 .../Yocto_Build_Appliance.vmx                      |  2 +-
 meta/recipes-core/psplash/psplash_git.bb           |  4 +-
 meta/recipes-core/systemd/systemd-compat-units.bb  |  2 +
 .../systemd/systemd/udev-linkage.patch             | 62 ++++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-core/systemd/systemd_197.bb           |  8 +--
 meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-2.23.1.inc |  5 +-
 .../binutils-fix-ineffectual-zero-of-cache.patch   | 60 ++++++++++++++++
 .../binutils-replace-strncat-with-strcat.patch     | 26 +++++++
 .../binutils-fix-over-array-bounds-issue.patch     | 20 ++++++
 ...ssed-to-snprintf-for-invalid-sh_name-case.patch | 27 +++++++
 meta/recipes-devtools/elfutils/elfutils_0.148.bb   |  3 +-
 .../fix-libcap-header-issue-on-some-distro.patch   | 84 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu.inc                |  4 ++
 meta/recipes-extended/polkit/polkit_0.104.bb       |  5 +-
 meta/recipes-extended/sudo/sudo.inc                |  5 ++
 .../watchdog/files/fix-ping-failure.patch          | 21 ++----
 .../{watchdog_5.12.bb => watchdog_5.13.bb}         |  7 +-
 .../xf86-video-fbdev/Remove-mibstore.h.patch       | 35 +++++++++
 .../xorg-driver/xf86-video-fbdev_0.4.3.bb          |  2 +
 ...-intel_2.21.0.bb => xf86-video-intel_2.21.3.bb} |  6 +-
 .../xorg-driver/xf86-video-intel_git.bb            |  2 +-
 .../xf86-video-vesa/Remove-mibstore.h.patch        | 37 ++++++++++
 .../xorg-driver/xf86-video-vesa_2.3.2.bb           |  2 +
 .../xf86-video-vmware/Kill-mibstore.patch          | 63 ++++++++++++++++
 .../xorg-driver/xf86-video-vmware_13.0.0.bb        |  2 +
 .../xorg-lib/{libxi_1.6.1.bb => libxi_1.7.bb}      |  6 +-
 .../xorg-lib/xkeyboard-config_2.8.bb               |  2 +-
 .../{inputproto_2.2.bb => inputproto_2.3.bb}       |  4 +-
 .../xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.13.1/aarch64.patch | 64 -----------------
 .../xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.14.0/aarch64.patch | 35 +++++++++
 .../crosscompile.patch                             |  0
 .../fix_compilation_when_not_using_xinerama.patch  | 21 ++++++
 .../fix_open_max_preprocessor_error.patch          |  0
 .../macro_tweak.patch                              |  0
 .../mips64-compiler.patch                          |  0
 ...erver-xorg_1.13.1.bb => xserver-xorg_1.14.0.bb} |  5 +-
 .../libical/files/pthread-fix.patch                | 52 ++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-support/libical/libical_0.48.bb       | 17 +++++
 47 files changed, 641 insertions(+), 129 deletions(-)
 rename meta/recipes-connectivity/neard/neard/{neard => neard.in} (59%)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-core/systemd/systemd/udev-linkage.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-2.23.1/backport/binutils-fix-ineffectual-zero-of-cache.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-2.23.1/backport/binutils-replace-strncat-with-strcat.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-2.23.1/binutils-fix-over-array-bounds-issue.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/elfutils/elfutils/nm-Fix-size-passed-to-snprintf-for-invalid-sh_name-case.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/files/fix-libcap-header-issue-on-some-distro.patch
 rename meta/recipes-extended/watchdog/{watchdog_5.12.bb => watchdog_5.13.bb} (78%)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-fbdev/Remove-mibstore.h.patch
 rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/{xf86-video-intel_2.21.0.bb => xf86-video-intel_2.21.3.bb} (79%)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-vesa/Remove-mibstore.h.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-vmware/Kill-mibstore.patch
 rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-lib/{libxi_1.6.1.bb => libxi_1.7.bb} (79%)
 rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-proto/{inputproto_2.2.bb => inputproto_2.3.bb} (78%)
 delete mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.13.1/aarch64.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.14.0/aarch64.patch
 rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg-1.13.1 => xserver-xorg-1.14.0}/crosscompile.patch (100%)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.14.0/fix_compilation_when_not_using_xinerama.patch
 rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg-1.13.1 => xserver-xorg-1.14.0}/fix_open_max_preprocessor_error.patch (100%)
 rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg-1.13.1 => xserver-xorg-1.14.0}/macro_tweak.patch (100%)
 rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg-1.13.1 => xserver-xorg-1.14.0}/mips64-compiler.patch (100%)
 rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg_1.13.1.bb => xserver-xorg_1.14.0.bb} (84%)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-support/libical/files/pthread-fix.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-support/libical/libical_0.48.bb
Richard Purdie - March 15, 2013, 2:09 a.m.
On Thu, 2013-03-14 at 12:02 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
> Richard,
> 
> I pulled Ross's non-controversial systemd patches, along with some updates
> that I have reviewed and built on the AB (still in progress, but looking green)
> 
> One item to verify is Martin's package.bbclass change.
> 
> Thanks
> 	Sau!
> 
> 
> The following changes since commit bd03014c8fd080e04dd0a96a6b4b9211568c1cf1:
> 
>   package_rpm: Ensure package dependencies have correct version numbers (2013-03-14 16:37:03 +0000)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage
>   http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/stage
> 
> Andrei Dinu (1):
>   psplash : update to latest SRCREV
>     afd4e228c606a9998feae44a3fed4474803240b7
> 
> Constantin Musca (1):
>   libxi: upgrade to 1.7
> 
> Cristian Iorga (4):
>   libical: add recipe back in oe-core
>   build-appliance-image: upgrade to newer poky revision.
>   build-appliance-image: ethernet connection type is now bridged
>   build-appliance-image: fix lost net connectivity after restart
> 
> Hongxu Jia (1):
>   qemu-native:fix do_compile failed on SLED 11.2
> 
> Khem Raj (2):
>   sudo: Compile mksigname and mksiglist for build host

Took all these patches except the above which I want to double check
whether there is an autotools method we can use for this now. Ross might
have some knowledge about this.

Cheers,

Richard

>   watchdog: Upgrade 5.12 -> 5.13
> 
> Laurentiu Palcu (4):
>   inputproto: upgrade to 2.3
>   xserver-xorg: upgrade to 1.14.0
>   xf86-video-intel: upgrade to 2.21.3
>   xf86-video-*: delete references to mibstore.h
> 
> Martin Jansa (2):
>   package.bbclass: add debug-without-src PACKAGE_DEBUG_SPLIT_STYLE
>   icecc: improve interaction with sstate
> 
> Olivier Guiter (1):
>   neard: Update reference commit sha1 and install script
> 
> Ross Burton (11):
>   connman: explicitly disable systemd if we don't want it enabled
>   polkit: explicitly disable systemd if we're using consolekit
>   xf86-video-intel: add explicit dependency on udev
>   avahi: explicitly disable systemd if we don't want it enabled
>   xkeyboard-config: remove long-gone build dependencies
>   systemd-compat-units: add missing systemd-systemctl-native dependency
>   busybox: enable swapon -p (91 byte increase)
>   systemd: busybox's swapon now supports -p
>   systemd: remove util-linux-mount dependency
>   systemd: set the location of the kill binary
>   systemd: remove libsystemd-daemon linkage in libudev
> 
> Zhenhua Luo (2):
>   binutils: fix ineffectual zero of cache and array bounds issue
>   elfutils: Fix size passed to snprintf for invalid sh_name case
> 
>  meta/classes/icecc.bbclass                         |  6 ++
>  meta/classes/package.bbclass                       |  6 ++
>  meta/recipes-connectivity/avahi/avahi.inc          |  2 +-
>  .../connman/connman-conf/qemuall/wired-setup       |  2 +-
>  meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman.inc      |  2 +-
>  .../neard/neard/{neard => neard.in}                | 14 +++-
>  meta/recipes-connectivity/neard/neard_0.9.bb       | 32 +++++----
>  meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox-1.20.2/defconfig |  2 +-
>  meta/recipes-core/images/build-appliance-image.bb  |  4 +-
>  .../Yocto_Build_Appliance.vmx                      |  2 +-
>  meta/recipes-core/psplash/psplash_git.bb           |  4 +-
>  meta/recipes-core/systemd/systemd-compat-units.bb  |  2 +
>  .../systemd/systemd/udev-linkage.patch             | 62 ++++++++++++++++
>  meta/recipes-core/systemd/systemd_197.bb           |  8 +--
>  meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-2.23.1.inc |  5 +-
>  .../binutils-fix-ineffectual-zero-of-cache.patch   | 60 ++++++++++++++++
>  .../binutils-replace-strncat-with-strcat.patch     | 26 +++++++
>  .../binutils-fix-over-array-bounds-issue.patch     | 20 ++++++
>  ...ssed-to-snprintf-for-invalid-sh_name-case.patch | 27 +++++++
>  meta/recipes-devtools/elfutils/elfutils_0.148.bb   |  3 +-
>  .../fix-libcap-header-issue-on-some-distro.patch   | 84 ++++++++++++++++++++++
>  meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu.inc                |  4 ++
>  meta/recipes-extended/polkit/polkit_0.104.bb       |  5 +-
>  meta/recipes-extended/sudo/sudo.inc                |  5 ++
>  .../watchdog/files/fix-ping-failure.patch          | 21 ++----
>  .../{watchdog_5.12.bb => watchdog_5.13.bb}         |  7 +-
>  .../xf86-video-fbdev/Remove-mibstore.h.patch       | 35 +++++++++
>  .../xorg-driver/xf86-video-fbdev_0.4.3.bb          |  2 +
>  ...-intel_2.21.0.bb => xf86-video-intel_2.21.3.bb} |  6 +-
>  .../xorg-driver/xf86-video-intel_git.bb            |  2 +-
>  .../xf86-video-vesa/Remove-mibstore.h.patch        | 37 ++++++++++
>  .../xorg-driver/xf86-video-vesa_2.3.2.bb           |  2 +
>  .../xf86-video-vmware/Kill-mibstore.patch          | 63 ++++++++++++++++
>  .../xorg-driver/xf86-video-vmware_13.0.0.bb        |  2 +
>  .../xorg-lib/{libxi_1.6.1.bb => libxi_1.7.bb}      |  6 +-
>  .../xorg-lib/xkeyboard-config_2.8.bb               |  2 +-
>  .../{inputproto_2.2.bb => inputproto_2.3.bb}       |  4 +-
>  .../xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.13.1/aarch64.patch | 64 -----------------
>  .../xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.14.0/aarch64.patch | 35 +++++++++
>  .../crosscompile.patch                             |  0
>  .../fix_compilation_when_not_using_xinerama.patch  | 21 ++++++
>  .../fix_open_max_preprocessor_error.patch          |  0
>  .../macro_tweak.patch                              |  0
>  .../mips64-compiler.patch                          |  0
>  ...erver-xorg_1.13.1.bb => xserver-xorg_1.14.0.bb} |  5 +-
>  .../libical/files/pthread-fix.patch                | 52 ++++++++++++++
>  meta/recipes-support/libical/libical_0.48.bb       | 17 +++++
>  47 files changed, 641 insertions(+), 129 deletions(-)
>  rename meta/recipes-connectivity/neard/neard/{neard => neard.in} (59%)
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-core/systemd/systemd/udev-linkage.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-2.23.1/backport/binutils-fix-ineffectual-zero-of-cache.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-2.23.1/backport/binutils-replace-strncat-with-strcat.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/binutils/binutils-2.23.1/binutils-fix-over-array-bounds-issue.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/elfutils/elfutils/nm-Fix-size-passed-to-snprintf-for-invalid-sh_name-case.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/files/fix-libcap-header-issue-on-some-distro.patch
>  rename meta/recipes-extended/watchdog/{watchdog_5.12.bb => watchdog_5.13.bb} (78%)
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-fbdev/Remove-mibstore.h.patch
>  rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/{xf86-video-intel_2.21.0.bb => xf86-video-intel_2.21.3.bb} (79%)
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-vesa/Remove-mibstore.h.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-vmware/Kill-mibstore.patch
>  rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-lib/{libxi_1.6.1.bb => libxi_1.7.bb} (79%)
>  rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-proto/{inputproto_2.2.bb => inputproto_2.3.bb} (78%)
>  delete mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.13.1/aarch64.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.14.0/aarch64.patch
>  rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg-1.13.1 => xserver-xorg-1.14.0}/crosscompile.patch (100%)
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg-1.14.0/fix_compilation_when_not_using_xinerama.patch
>  rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg-1.13.1 => xserver-xorg-1.14.0}/fix_open_max_preprocessor_error.patch (100%)
>  rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg-1.13.1 => xserver-xorg-1.14.0}/macro_tweak.patch (100%)
>  rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg-1.13.1 => xserver-xorg-1.14.0}/mips64-compiler.patch (100%)
>  rename meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/{xserver-xorg_1.13.1.bb => xserver-xorg_1.14.0.bb} (84%)
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-support/libical/files/pthread-fix.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta/recipes-support/libical/libical_0.48.bb
>
Ross Burton - March 20, 2013, 5:41 p.m.
On 15 March 2013 02:09, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>> Khem Raj (2):
>>   sudo: Compile mksigname and mksiglist for build host
>
> Took all these patches except the above which I want to double check
> whether there is an autotools method we can use for this now. Ross might
> have some knowledge about this.

Using ac_prog_cc_for_build.m4 to incorporate CC_FOR_BUILD would be the
logical solution but as it's quite intrusive this needs to be
discussed with upstream.  Short-term, this is a perfectly good
solution as the tools are simple to build (compared with the Mesa
tools, which are impossible to build like this).

Ross
Khem Raj - March 20, 2013, 5:48 p.m.
On Mar 20, 2013, at 10:41 AM, "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:

> Using ac_prog_cc_for_build.m4 to incorporate CC_FOR_BUILD would be the
> logical solution 

btw, I did considered that :) but thought of not pursuing it
Ross Burton - March 20, 2013, 5:51 p.m.
On 20 March 2013 17:48, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mar 20, 2013, at 10:41 AM, "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>
>> Using ac_prog_cc_for_build.m4 to incorporate CC_FOR_BUILD would be the
>> logical solution
>
> btw, I did considered that :) but thought of not pursuing it

Probably worth bringing it up with the upstream maintainer so we don't
need to continue this hackery, but some maintainers certainly are...
reluctant.

Ross