Patchwork [2011.03-maintenance,0/9] Pull request 20120719

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Apelete Seketeli
Date July 19, 2012, 5:20 p.m.
Message ID <cover.1342677797.git.apelete@seketeli.net>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/32617/
State Accepted
Delegated to: Tom Rini
Headers show

Pull-request

git://seketeli.net/~apelete/oe.git muffinman-image-fix

Comments

Apelete Seketeli - July 19, 2012, 5:20 p.m.
Hello,

The patches that come as a follow-up of this message fix issues found
while building muffinman-image on top of the 2011.03-maintenance
branch.
These modifications were tested by successfully building
muffinman-image from scratch on a Debian Squeeze host.
Please pull into 2011.03-maintenance branch.

The following changes since commit f9611c025109a3e0d6cebf12f49ae24c97759c09:

  psplash: convert from svn.o-hand.com to git.yoctoproject.org (2012-07-04 22:34:04 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://seketeli.net/~apelete/oe.git muffinman-image-fix

Apelete Seketeli (9):
  mirrors.bbclass: add new GNU_MIRROR
  mirrors.bbclass: add new KERNELORG_MIRROR
  libpng: update SRC_URI
  bluez4_4.84: update checksum values
  netsurf: update SRC_URI
  tzcode: update SRC_URI
  tzdata: update SRC_URI
  git: update SRC_URI
  opkg-utils: bump SRCREV to keep python2.6 compatibility

 classes/mirrors.bbclass                 |    2 ++
 recipes/bluez/bluez4_4.84.bb            |    4 ++--
 recipes/git/git.inc                     |    2 +-
 recipes/libpng/libpng.inc               |    2 +-
 recipes/netsurf/hubbub_0.0.2.bb         |    2 +-
 recipes/netsurf/libcss_0.0.2.bb         |    2 +-
 recipes/netsurf/libnsbmp_0.0.2.bb       |    2 +-
 recipes/netsurf/libnsgif_0.0.2.bb       |    2 +-
 recipes/netsurf/libparserutils_0.0.2.bb |    2 +-
 recipes/netsurf/libwapcaplet_0.0.2.bb   |    2 +-
 recipes/netsurf/netsurf_2.6.bb          |    2 +-
 recipes/opkg-utils/opkg-utils_git.bb    |    4 ++--
 recipes/tzcode/tzcode-native.inc        |    4 ++--
 recipes/tzdata/tzdata.inc               |    2 +-
 14 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)
Tom Rini - July 23, 2012, 7:48 p.m.
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 07:20:31PM +0200, Apelete Seketeli wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> The patches that come as a follow-up of this message fix issues found
> while building muffinman-image on top of the 2011.03-maintenance
> branch.
> These modifications were tested by successfully building
> muffinman-image from scratch on a Debian Squeeze host.
> Please pull into 2011.03-maintenance branch.
> 
> The following changes since commit f9611c025109a3e0d6cebf12f49ae24c97759c09:
> 
>   psplash: convert from svn.o-hand.com to git.yoctoproject.org (2012-07-04 22:34:04 +0200)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://seketeli.net/~apelete/oe.git muffinman-image-fix

I have a concern right now.  It is that 9160263 was reported to have
changed the behavior slightly such that some SDK tasks/images now
fail.  So..

[snip]
>   opkg-utils: bump SRCREV to keep python2.6 compatibility

Is a little concerning.  Denys, can you point to an upstream task /
image that fails currently?  Thanks!
Apelete Seketeli - July 23, 2012, 8:33 p.m.
Le 23-Jul-12, Tom Rini a écrit:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 07:20:31PM +0200, Apelete Seketeli wrote:
> 
> > Hello,
> > 
> > The patches that come as a follow-up of this message fix issues found
> > while building muffinman-image on top of the 2011.03-maintenance
> > branch.
> > These modifications were tested by successfully building
> > muffinman-image from scratch on a Debian Squeeze host.
> > Please pull into 2011.03-maintenance branch.
> > 
> > The following changes since commit f9611c025109a3e0d6cebf12f49ae24c97759c09:
> > 
> >   psplash: convert from svn.o-hand.com to git.yoctoproject.org (2012-07-04 22:34:04 +0200)
> > 
> > are available in the git repository at:
> > 
> >   git://seketeli.net/~apelete/oe.git muffinman-image-fix
> 
> I have a concern right now.  It is that 9160263 was reported to have
> changed the behavior slightly such that some SDK tasks/images now
> fail.  So..

I can't seem to find the commit corresponding to the 9160263 hash in
the 2011.03 branch. Could you point it to me please ?

> [snip]
> >   opkg-utils: bump SRCREV to keep python2.6 compatibility
> 
> Is a little concerning.  Denys, can you point to an upstream task /
> image that fails currently?  Thanks!

I did that change because muffinman-image wasn't building on a Debian
Squeeze host, which runs python2.6. Maybe that was not a good way to
proceed; I would gladly change the approach if necessary.

Cheers.
Apelete Seketeli - July 30, 2012, 7:09 p.m.
Le 19-Jul-12, Apelete Seketeli a écrit:
> 
> The patches that come as a follow-up of this message fix issues found
> while building muffinman-image on top of the 2011.03-maintenance
> branch.
> These modifications were tested by successfully building
> muffinman-image from scratch on a Debian Squeeze host.
> Please pull into 2011.03-maintenance branch.
> 
> The following changes since commit f9611c025109a3e0d6cebf12f49ae24c97759c09:
> 
>   psplash: convert from svn.o-hand.com to git.yoctoproject.org (2012-07-04 22:34:04 +0200)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://seketeli.net/~apelete/oe.git muffinman-image-fix

Hello,

Trying to bring some attention onto this thread.
Are there more blocking issues I should fix before getting those
patches merged ?

Cheers.
Tom Rini - July 30, 2012, 9:07 p.m.
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:33:23PM +0200, Apelete Seketeli wrote:
> Le 23-Jul-12, Tom Rini a ?crit:
> > On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 07:20:31PM +0200, Apelete Seketeli wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello,
> > > 
> > > The patches that come as a follow-up of this message fix issues found
> > > while building muffinman-image on top of the 2011.03-maintenance
> > > branch.
> > > These modifications were tested by successfully building
> > > muffinman-image from scratch on a Debian Squeeze host.
> > > Please pull into 2011.03-maintenance branch.
> > > 
> > > The following changes since commit f9611c025109a3e0d6cebf12f49ae24c97759c09:
> > > 
> > >   psplash: convert from svn.o-hand.com to git.yoctoproject.org (2012-07-04 22:34:04 +0200)
> > > 
> > > are available in the git repository at:
> > > 
> > >   git://seketeli.net/~apelete/oe.git muffinman-image-fix
> > 
> > I have a concern right now.  It is that 9160263 was reported to have
> > changed the behavior slightly such that some SDK tasks/images now
> > fail.  So..
> 
> I can't seem to find the commit corresponding to the 9160263 hash in
> the 2011.03 branch. Could you point it to me please ?

Sorry, the leading 'f' got missed, and I see Denys has a pull request to
deal with that breakage now.
Tom Rini - July 30, 2012, 9:08 p.m.
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 07:20:31PM +0200, Apelete Seketeli wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> The patches that come as a follow-up of this message fix issues found
> while building muffinman-image on top of the 2011.03-maintenance
> branch.
> These modifications were tested by successfully building
> muffinman-image from scratch on a Debian Squeeze host.
> Please pull into 2011.03-maintenance branch.
> 
> The following changes since commit f9611c025109a3e0d6cebf12f49ae24c97759c09:
> 
>   psplash: convert from svn.o-hand.com to git.yoctoproject.org (2012-07-04 22:34:04 +0200)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://seketeli.net/~apelete/oe.git muffinman-image-fix
> 
> Apelete Seketeli (9):
>   mirrors.bbclass: add new GNU_MIRROR
>   mirrors.bbclass: add new KERNELORG_MIRROR
>   libpng: update SRC_URI
>   bluez4_4.84: update checksum values
>   netsurf: update SRC_URI
>   tzcode: update SRC_URI
>   tzdata: update SRC_URI
>   git: update SRC_URI
>   opkg-utils: bump SRCREV to keep python2.6 compatibility
> 
>  classes/mirrors.bbclass                 |    2 ++
>  recipes/bluez/bluez4_4.84.bb            |    4 ++--
>  recipes/git/git.inc                     |    2 +-
>  recipes/libpng/libpng.inc               |    2 +-
>  recipes/netsurf/hubbub_0.0.2.bb         |    2 +-
>  recipes/netsurf/libcss_0.0.2.bb         |    2 +-
>  recipes/netsurf/libnsbmp_0.0.2.bb       |    2 +-
>  recipes/netsurf/libnsgif_0.0.2.bb       |    2 +-
>  recipes/netsurf/libparserutils_0.0.2.bb |    2 +-
>  recipes/netsurf/libwapcaplet_0.0.2.bb   |    2 +-
>  recipes/netsurf/netsurf_2.6.bb          |    2 +-
>  recipes/opkg-utils/opkg-utils_git.bb    |    4 ++--
>  recipes/tzcode/tzcode-native.inc        |    4 ++--
>  recipes/tzdata/tzdata.inc               |    2 +-
>  14 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

Applied, thanks.