Patchwork [Consolidated,Pull,00/28] Fixes from various corners with [1.2.1] fixes

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Saul Wold
Date May 24, 2012, 4:42 a.m.
Message ID <cover.1337834073.git.sgw@linux.intel.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/28527/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/fix

Comments

Saul Wold - May 24, 2012, 4:42 a.m.
Richard,

I have been building and running images from the following changes
(not the mips64 or sh4 yet).

A number of the changes below (from Robert, Nitin and Xiaofeng) are candiates
for 1.2.1.

The package_deb.bbclass change needs more review, I believe that Joshua also
proposed a fix, but caused other breakage, this seems to resolve the problem, 
but I am not sure about it.

Paul's change to add checksum does add some warnings, which I assume he or
someone will fix shortly, they seem to be from older recipes.

Thanks
	Sau!

The following changes since commit e6333825c3482a559a0c0499e17f8f48d3042ddf:

  tune-mips64.inc: Add new tune file for mips64 big-endian (2012-05-20 20:24:37 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/fix
  http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/fix

Andreas Oberritter (6):
  ppp: avoid host contamination
  libnss-mdns: fix postinst scripts
  wpa-supplicant: fix packaging error since last commit
  netbase: merge init script updates from upstream
  distutils.bbclass: don't delete .pyo files
  python: bump PR of packages after update of distutils.bbclass

Christopher Larson (3):
  tcmode-external-csl: preferred external-csl-toolchain's gdbserver
  Rename 'external-csl' to 'external-sourcery'
  external-sourcery-toolchain: ignore GNU_HASH issues with its packages

Enrico Scholz (1):
  libtool: fixed parallel build related race

Joshua Lock (7):
  Revert "sanity.bbclass: check user can read and write to SSTATE_DIR"
  sanity.bbclass: copy the data store and finalise before running
    checks
  sanity.bbclass: data.getVar(VAR, obj, exp) -> obj.getVar(VAR, exp)
  sanity.bbclass: add newline to check_create_long_filename failure
    message
  sanity.bbclass: add extra information when SSTATE_CACHE unusable
  sanity.bbclass: catch an extra exception in
    check_create_long_filename
  sanity.bbclass: check sanity at BuildStarted rather than ConfigParsed

Khem Raj (5):
  qemumips64.conf: Add machine configuration for mips64(eb)
  qemush4.conf: Add machine configuration for qemush4
  gcc-4.7: Add knowledge about arm hf dynamic loader
  eglibc: Add ARM hf dynamic linker support
  gcc: Grok for callconvention-hard to enable hard float

Marko Lindqvist (1):
  package_deb.bbclass: don't handle advanced dependency marker as
    version number

Nitin A Kamble (1):
  eglibc: package mtrace separately

Paul Eggleton (1):
  classes/base: add checksum file list at parse time

Robert Yang (2):
  package_rpm.bbclass: Fix incremental rpm image generation
  rpm 5.4.0: respect to the arch when choose the alternatives

Xiaofeng Yan (1):
  ncurses: Avoid occasional builling failure when having parallel
    processable task

 meta/classes/base.bbclass                          |    1 +
 meta/classes/distutils.bbclass                     |    4 -
 meta/classes/package_deb.bbclass                   |   19 +-
 meta/classes/package_rpm.bbclass                   |   20 +-
 meta/classes/sanity.bbclass                        |  157 +++++-----
 meta/conf/distro/include/tcmode-external-csl.inc   |  119 +-------
 .../distro/include/tcmode-external-sourcery.inc    |  118 +++++++
 meta/conf/machine/qemumips64.conf                  |   13 +
 meta/conf/machine/qemush4.conf                     |   13 +
 .../libnss-mdns/libnss-mdns_0.10.bb                |   15 +-
 .../makefile-remove-hard-usr-reference.patch       |   16 +
 meta/recipes-connectivity/ppp/ppp_2.4.5.bb         |    2 +-
 .../wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-0.7.inc          |    2 +-
 .../wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant_0.7.3.bb         |    2 +-
 .../eglibc/eglibc-2.15/add_HAVE_ARM_PCS_VFP.patch  |   28 ++
 .../eglibc/eglibc-2.15/ldso_arm_hf_support.patch   |  338 ++++++++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-package.inc        |    7 +-
 meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.13.bb            |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.15.bb            |    4 +-
 ...toolchain.bb => external-sourcery-toolchain.bb} |    6 +
 .../SUPPORTED                                      |    0
 meta/recipes-core/ncurses/ncurses.inc              |   23 +-
 meta/recipes-core/netbase/netbase-4.47/init        |  101 ++++--
 meta/recipes-core/netbase/netbase_4.47.bb          |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-core/tasks/task-core-tools-debug.bb   |    4 +
 meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.7.inc              |    1 +
 .../gcc/gcc-4.7/arm-hard-float-loader.patch        |   48 +++
 meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-common.inc           |    2 +
 meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.inc    |    3 +-
 .../python/python-argparse_1.2.1.bb                |    2 +-
 .../python/python-imaging_1.1.7.bb                 |    2 +-
 .../python/python-pycurl_7.19.0.bb                 |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-pyrex_0.9.9.bb |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-scons_2.1.0.bb |    2 +-
 .../python/python-setuptools_0.6c11.bb             |    2 +-
 .../rpm/rpm/rpm-respect-arch.patch                 |   67 ++++
 meta/recipes-devtools/rpm/rpm_5.4.0.bb             |    3 +-
 37 files changed, 883 insertions(+), 269 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 meta/conf/distro/include/tcmode-external-sourcery.inc
 create mode 100644 meta/conf/machine/qemumips64.conf
 create mode 100644 meta/conf/machine/qemush4.conf
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-2.15/add_HAVE_ARM_PCS_VFP.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-2.15/ldso_arm_hf_support.patch
 rename meta/recipes-core/meta/{external-csl-toolchain.bb => external-sourcery-toolchain.bb} (96%)
 rename meta/recipes-core/meta/{external-csl-toolchain => external-sourcery-toolchain}/SUPPORTED (100%)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.7/arm-hard-float-loader.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/rpm/rpm/rpm-respect-arch.patch
Richard Purdie - May 24, 2012, 7:41 a.m.
On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 21:42 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
> Richard,
> 
> I have been building and running images from the following changes
> (not the mips64 or sh4 yet).
> 
> A number of the changes below (from Robert, Nitin and Xiaofeng) are candiates
> for 1.2.1.
> 
> The package_deb.bbclass change needs more review, I believe that Joshua also
> proposed a fix, but caused other breakage, this seems to resolve the problem, 
> but I am not sure about it.
> 
> Paul's change to add checksum does add some warnings, which I assume he or
> someone will fix shortly, they seem to be from older recipes.
> 
> Thanks
> 	Sau!
> 
> The following changes since commit e6333825c3482a559a0c0499e17f8f48d3042ddf:
> 
>   tune-mips64.inc: Add new tune file for mips64 big-endian (2012-05-20 20:24:37 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/fix
>   http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/fix
> 
> Andreas Oberritter (6):
>   ppp: avoid host contamination
>   libnss-mdns: fix postinst scripts
>   wpa-supplicant: fix packaging error since last commit
>   netbase: merge init script updates from upstream
>   distutils.bbclass: don't delete .pyo files
>   python: bump PR of packages after update of distutils.bbclass
> 
> Christopher Larson (3):
>   tcmode-external-csl: preferred external-csl-toolchain's gdbserver
>   Rename 'external-csl' to 'external-sourcery'
>   external-sourcery-toolchain: ignore GNU_HASH issues with its packages
> 
> Enrico Scholz (1):
>   libtool: fixed parallel build related race
> 
> Joshua Lock (7):
>   Revert "sanity.bbclass: check user can read and write to SSTATE_DIR"
>   sanity.bbclass: copy the data store and finalise before running
>     checks
>   sanity.bbclass: data.getVar(VAR, obj, exp) -> obj.getVar(VAR, exp)
>   sanity.bbclass: add newline to check_create_long_filename failure
>     message
>   sanity.bbclass: add extra information when SSTATE_CACHE unusable
>   sanity.bbclass: catch an extra exception in
>     check_create_long_filename
>   sanity.bbclass: check sanity at BuildStarted rather than ConfigParsed
> 
> Khem Raj (5):
>   qemumips64.conf: Add machine configuration for mips64(eb)
>   qemush4.conf: Add machine configuration for qemush4

I've already replied to these, they're holding for now until the kernel
and qemu pieces are sorted out and we have an idea of what we're going
to test in OE-Core.

>   gcc-4.7: Add knowledge about arm hf dynamic loader
>   eglibc: Add ARM hf dynamic linker support
>   gcc: Grok for callconvention-hard to enable hard float
> 
> Marko Lindqvist (1):
>   package_deb.bbclass: don't handle advanced dependency marker as
>     version number


This change still makes me nervous, I think we need to find something
better. I need to reply with an idea I have on this one...

> Nitin A Kamble (1):
>   eglibc: package mtrace separately
> 
> Paul Eggleton (1):
>   classes/base: add checksum file list at parse time
> 
> Robert Yang (2):
>   package_rpm.bbclass: Fix incremental rpm image generation
>   rpm 5.4.0: respect to the arch when choose the alternatives
> 
> Xiaofeng Yan (1):
>   ncurses: Avoid occasional builling failure when having parallel
>     processable task

Other than the ones I've commented on above, I've merged these. I did so
reluctantly in some cases as I think we're just working around issues
rather than fixing them properly but I'm out of bandwidth to dive into
them and help improve the fixes :(

Cheers,

Richard