Patchwork [0/3] Important fixes for rc3

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Otavio Salvador
Date April 11, 2012, 3:19 a.m.
Message ID <cover.1334114318.git.otavio@ossystems.com.br>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/25563/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://github.com/OSSystems/oe-core master

Comments

Otavio Salvador - April 11, 2012, 3:19 a.m.
The patches in this set are all important IMO and I do think they
ought to be included.

The following changes since commit bde1744018afd4616e114b20ffdc21b9abddcedc:

  hello-mod: Move hello-mod from meta to meta-skeleton (2012-04-10 13:16:00 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://github.com/OSSystems/oe-core master
  https://github.com/OSSystems/oe-core/tree/HEAD

Otavio Salvador (3):
  connman: backport test script fixes
  distrodata.bbclass: fix comment typo
  flex: backport Debian patches to fix generated code warnings

 meta/classes/distrodata.bbclass                    |    2 +-
 .../connman/test-set-ipv4-method-api-fix.patch     |   50 +++++++++++++++++
 .../connman/test-set-ipv6-method-api-fix.patch     |   55 ++++++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman_0.79.bb  |    4 +
 .../flex/flex/avoid-FORTIFY-warnings.patch         |   59 ++++++++++++++++++++
 .../flex/int-is-not-the-same-size-as-size_t.patch  |   42 ++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-devtools/flex/flex_2.5.35.bb          |    5 +-
 7 files changed, 215 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman/test-set-ipv4-method-api-fix.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman/test-set-ipv6-method-api-fix.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/flex/flex/avoid-FORTIFY-warnings.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/flex/flex/int-is-not-the-same-size-as-size_t.patch
Richard Purdie - April 11, 2012, 10:21 a.m.
On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 03:19 +0000, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> The patches in this set are all important IMO and I do think they
> ought to be included.
> 
> The following changes since commit bde1744018afd4616e114b20ffdc21b9abddcedc:
> 
>   hello-mod: Move hello-mod from meta to meta-skeleton (2012-04-10 13:16:00 +0100)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://github.com/OSSystems/oe-core master
>   https://github.com/OSSystems/oe-core/tree/HEAD
> 
> Otavio Salvador (3):
>   connman: backport test script fixes
>   distrodata.bbclass: fix comment typo
>   flex: backport Debian patches to fix generated code warnings

A typo fix is not high priority for -rc3. Sending patches which you then
request me to manually fix up for -rc3 is a bit of a joke.

I'm actually seriously considering reverting the recent connman version
updates since they've totally broken connman-gnome and all the UI
connman integration. I appreciate this would upset some people so we're
going to try and fix connman-gnome but I'm not happy to be in this
position at this point in the release cycle. The test scripts are the
least of my worries to be quite honest.

Cheers,

Richard
Otavio Salvador - April 11, 2012, 12:33 p.m.
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 07:21, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> A typo fix is not high priority for -rc3. Sending patches which you then
> request me to manually fix up for -rc3 is a bit of a joke.

The typo I agree and I can resend the patch but I didn't because it
was 1am here and I was falling sleep. If you check, this patch were
send long time  ago and not received any comment.

> I'm actually seriously considering reverting the recent connman version
> updates since they've totally broken connman-gnome and all the UI
> connman integration. I appreciate this would upset some people so we're
> going to try and fix connman-gnome but I'm not happy to be in this
> position at this point in the release cycle. The test scripts are the
> least of my worries to be quite honest.

Yes; I agree this is unfortunate but connman last version has fixed
many issues, specially regarding hidden wifi management (the main
reason we wanted to update to it at O.S. Systems). Another important
point is that its API is mostly stable now and putting a 1.2 with
previous API will force rework from any user using it when 1.3 is
released so this is not the way to go IMO.
Saul Wold - April 27, 2012, 9:28 p.m.
On 04/10/2012 08:19 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> The patches in this set are all important IMO and I do think they
> ought to be included.
>
> The following changes since commit bde1744018afd4616e114b20ffdc21b9abddcedc:
>
>    hello-mod: Move hello-mod from meta to meta-skeleton (2012-04-10 13:16:00 +0100)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>    git://github.com/OSSystems/oe-core master
>    https://github.com/OSSystems/oe-core/tree/HEAD
>
> Otavio Salvador (3):
>    connman: backport test script fixes
>    distrodata.bbclass: fix comment typo
>    flex: backport Debian patches to fix generated code warnings
>
>   meta/classes/distrodata.bbclass                    |    2 +-
>   .../connman/test-set-ipv4-method-api-fix.patch     |   50 +++++++++++++++++
>   .../connman/test-set-ipv6-method-api-fix.patch     |   55 ++++++++++++++++++
>   meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman_0.79.bb  |    4 +
>   .../flex/flex/avoid-FORTIFY-warnings.patch         |   59 ++++++++++++++++++++
>   .../flex/int-is-not-the-same-size-as-size_t.patch  |   42 ++++++++++++++
>   meta/recipes-devtools/flex/flex_2.5.35.bb          |    5 +-
>   7 files changed, 215 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman/test-set-ipv4-method-api-fix.patch
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman/test-set-ipv6-method-api-fix.patch
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/flex/flex/avoid-FORTIFY-warnings.patch
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/flex/flex/int-is-not-the-same-size-as-size_t.patch
>

Merged into OE-Core

Thanks
	Sau!