Patchwork [0/5] dexuan: more build appliance patches: [Apr 1, 2012]

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Dexuan Cui
Date April 1, 2012, 4:10 p.m.
Message ID <cover.1333295122.git.dexuan.cui@intel.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/25045/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib dcui/master

Comments

Dexuan Cui - April 1, 2012, 4:10 p.m.
BTW:
I added a "Upstream-Status: inappropriat" into every patches to genext2fs.

With the patches, I only spent about 10~15 minutes to create a 4.5GB
.rootfs.ext3 file by genext2fs.


The following changes since commit 8691a588267472eb5a32b978a0eb9ddfd0c91733:

  cross-canadian.bbclass: fix rpath for sdk executables (2012-03-31 18:00:59 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib dcui/master
  http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=dcui/master

Dexuan Cui (5):
  genext2fs: support large files and  filesystems without using large
    amounts of memory
  self-hosted-image: improve do_populate_poky_src
  self-hosted-image: renew the poky src's SRCREV that's installed into
    the target
  builder: uncomment the settings for BB_NUMBER_THREADS and
    PARALLEL_MAKE
  self-hosted-image: fix indentation: 8 spaces --> Tab

 meta/recipes-core/images/self-hosted-image.bb      |   21 +-
 ...01-Fix-warnings-remove-some-unused-macros.patch |   72 ++
 .../0002-Add-put_blk-and-put_nod-routines.patch    | 1123 ++++++++++++++++++++
 .../0003-Add-get_blkmap-and-put_blkmap.patch       |  222 ++++
 ...lker-for-walking-through-directory-entrie.patch |  357 +++++++
 ...05-Make-filesystem-struct-not-an-overloay.patch |  374 +++++++
 ...0006-Improve-the-efficiency-of-extend_blk.patch |  272 +++++
 ...ove-hdlinks-into-the-filesystem-structure.patch |  175 +++
 ...t-the-creation-of-the-filesystem-structur.patch |   95 ++
 ...e-byte-swapping-into-the-get-put-routines.patch |  421 ++++++++
 ...rt-over-to-keeping-the-filesystem-on-disk.patch |  839 +++++++++++++++
 ...les-into-the-filesystem-a-piece-at-a-time.patch |  103 ++
 ...upport-large-file-support-and-rework-hole.patch |  211 ++++
 .../0013-Add-volume-id-support.patch               |   86 ++
 ...014-Remove-unneeded-setting-of-s_reserved.patch |   28 +
 ...-Rework-creating-the-lost-found-directory.patch |   57 +
 ...ix-the-documentation-for-the-new-L-option.patch |   29 +
 .../0017-Fix-file-same-comparison.patch            |   30 +
 ...andle-files-changing-while-we-are-working.patch |   89 ++
 ...ke-sure-superblock-is-clear-on-allocation.patch |   42 +
 .../genext2fs-1.4.1/fix-nbblocks-cast.patch        |   18 +-
 .../genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/update_to_1.95.patch |  119 ++
 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs_1.4.1.bb |   24 +-
 meta/recipes-graphics/builder/builder_0.1.bb       |    2 +-
 .../builder/files/builder_hob_start.sh             |    5 +
 25 files changed, 4795 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0001-Fix-warnings-remove-some-unused-macros.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0002-Add-put_blk-and-put_nod-routines.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0003-Add-get_blkmap-and-put_blkmap.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0004-Add-a-dirwalker-for-walking-through-directory-entrie.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0005-Make-filesystem-struct-not-an-overloay.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0006-Improve-the-efficiency-of-extend_blk.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0007-Move-hdlinks-into-the-filesystem-structure.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0008-Separate-out-the-creation-of-the-filesystem-structur.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0009-Move-byte-swapping-into-the-get-put-routines.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0010-Convert-over-to-keeping-the-filesystem-on-disk.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0011-Copy-files-into-the-filesystem-a-piece-at-a-time.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0012-Add-rev-1-support-large-file-support-and-rework-hole.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0013-Add-volume-id-support.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0014-Remove-unneeded-setting-of-s_reserved.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0015-Rework-creating-the-lost-found-directory.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0016-Fix-the-documentation-for-the-new-L-option.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0017-Fix-file-same-comparison.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0018-Handle-files-changing-while-we-are-working.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/0019-Make-sure-superblock-is-clear-on-allocation.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs-1.4.1/update_to_1.95.patch
Richard Purdie - April 2, 2012, 3:28 a.m.
On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 00:10 +0800, Dexuan Cui wrote:
> BTW:
> I added a "Upstream-Status: inappropriat" into every patches to genext2fs.
> 
> With the patches, I only spent about 10~15 minutes to create a 4.5GB
> .rootfs.ext3 file by genext2fs.
> 
> 
> The following changes since commit 8691a588267472eb5a32b978a0eb9ddfd0c91733:
> 
>   cross-canadian.bbclass: fix rpath for sdk executables (2012-03-31 18:00:59 +0100)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib dcui/master
>   http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=dcui/master
> 
> Dexuan Cui (5):
>   genext2fs: support large files and  filesystems without using large
>     amounts of memory
>   self-hosted-image: improve do_populate_poky_src
>   self-hosted-image: renew the poky src's SRCREV that's installed into
>     the target
>   builder: uncomment the settings for BB_NUMBER_THREADS and
>     PARALLEL_MAKE
>   self-hosted-image: fix indentation: 8 spaces --> Tab

I've merged these to master, thanks. Whilst I'm reluctant to do so at
this point in the release process for such major changes, I think in
this case it does make sense since the genext2fs changes seem to fix a
number of problematic issues.

Cheers,

Richard
Koen Kooi - April 3, 2012, 8:49 p.m.
Op 1 apr. 2012, om 20:28 heeft Richard Purdie het volgende geschreven:

> On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 00:10 +0800, Dexuan Cui wrote:
>> BTW:
>> I added a "Upstream-Status: inappropriat" into every patches to genext2fs.
>> 
>> With the patches, I only spent about 10~15 minutes to create a 4.5GB
>> .rootfs.ext3 file by genext2fs.
>> 
>> 
>> The following changes since commit 8691a588267472eb5a32b978a0eb9ddfd0c91733:
>> 
>>  cross-canadian.bbclass: fix rpath for sdk executables (2012-03-31 18:00:59 +0100)
>> 
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>  git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib dcui/master
>>  http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=dcui/master
>> 
>> Dexuan Cui (5):
>>  genext2fs: support large files and  filesystems without using large
>>    amounts of memory
>>  self-hosted-image: improve do_populate_poky_src
>>  self-hosted-image: renew the poky src's SRCREV that's installed into
>>    the target
>>  builder: uncomment the settings for BB_NUMBER_THREADS and
>>    PARALLEL_MAKE
>>  self-hosted-image: fix indentation: 8 spaces --> Tab
> 
> I've merged these to master, thanks. Whilst I'm reluctant to do so at
> this point in the release process for such major changes, I think in
> this case it does make sense since the genext2fs changes seem to fix a
> number of problematic issues.

I'm getting:

| genext2fs: set_file_size: ftruncate: Invalid argument

Trying to see why that happens and find out how to fix it.
Dexuan Cui - April 5, 2012, 5:21 p.m.
Koen Kooi wrote on 2012-04-04:
>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>  git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib dcui/master
>>>  http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=dcui/master
>>> Dexuan Cui (5):
>>>  genext2fs: support large files and  filesystems without using large
>>>    amounts of memory
>> I've merged these to master, thanks. Whilst I'm reluctant to do so at
>> this point in the release process for such major changes, I think in
>> this case it does make sense since the genext2fs changes seem to fix a
>> number of problematic issues.
> 
> I'm getting:
> 
> | genext2fs: set_file_size: ftruncate: Invalid argument
> 
> Trying to see why that happens and find out how to fix it.
Hi Koen, did you get the cause?

This is the prototype of the function:
int ftruncate(int fd, off_t length);

I suppose you're using a 32-bit building host so the off_t in your host can't exceed 4G?

We do need to test it in a 32-bit host and at least we need to document the issue.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan
Koen Kooi - April 6, 2012, 1:32 p.m.
Op 5 apr. 2012 om 10:21 heeft "Cui, Dexuan" <dexuan.cui@intel.com> het volgende geschreven:

> Koen Kooi wrote on 2012-04-04:
>>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>> git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib dcui/master
>>>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=dcui/master
>>>> Dexuan Cui (5):
>>>> genext2fs: support large files and  filesystems without using large
>>>>   amounts of memory
>>> I've merged these to master, thanks. Whilst I'm reluctant to do so at
>>> this point in the release process for such major changes, I think in
>>> this case it does make sense since the genext2fs changes seem to fix a
>>> number of problematic issues.
>> 
>> I'm getting:
>> 
>> | genext2fs: set_file_size: ftruncate: Invalid argument
>> 
>> Trying to see why that happens and find out how to fix it.
> Hi Koen, did you get the cause?
> 
> This is the prototype of the function:
> int ftruncate(int fd, off_t length);
> 
> I suppose you're using a 32-bit building host so the off_t in your host can't exceed 4G?

no, 64bit host

> 
> We do need to test it in a 32-bit host and at least we need to document the issue.
> 
> Thanks,
> -- Dexuan
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Openembedded-core mailing list
> Openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openembedded-core
Dexuan Cui - April 6, 2012, 1:43 p.m.
Koen Kooi wrote on 2012-04-06:
> Op 5 apr. 2012 om 10:21 heeft "Cui, Dexuan" <dexuan.cui@intel.com> het
> volgende geschreven:
> 
>> Koen Kooi wrote on 2012-04-04:
>>>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>>> git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib dcui/master
>>>>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=dcui/master
>>>>> Dexuan Cui (5):
>>>>> genext2fs: support large files and  filesystems without using large
>>>>>   amounts of memory
>>>> I've merged these to master, thanks. Whilst I'm reluctant to do so at
>>>> this point in the release process for such major changes, I think in
>>>> this case it does make sense since the genext2fs changes seem to fix a
>>>> number of problematic issues.
>>> 
>>> I'm getting:
>>> 
>>> | genext2fs: set_file_size: ftruncate: Invalid argument
>>> 
>>> Trying to see why that happens and find out how to fix it.
>> Hi Koen, did you get the cause?
>> 
>> This is the prototype of the function:
>> int ftruncate(int fd, off_t length);
>> 
>> I suppose you're using a 32-bit building host so the off_t in your host can't
> exceed 4G?
> 
> no, 64bit host
Strange...
I use x86-64 Ubuntu 11.04 and x86-64 openSUSE 11.4 and I don't see the issue.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan