Patchwork [00/12] Recipe upgrades, fixes and additions

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Joshua Lock
Date Nov. 8, 2011, 12:10 a.m.
Message ID <cover.1320709417.git.josh@linux.intel.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/14463/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib josh/work

Comments

Joshua Lock - Nov. 8, 2011, 12:10 a.m.
All,

Here's a series of patches I developed whilst trying to play around with some
Clutter based software.

The interesting pieces may be:
Clutter 1.8 series recipes - do we want/need to keep clutter 1.6 around?
Are we OK with continuing to namespace the clutter recipes by clutter
version?

Gconf - I've pulled in GConf from upstream as the D-Bus backend is maintained
there now. For this I pulled in the gnome-related classes from meta-oe as they
simplified this recipe and I've been wanting to see them merged for some time.

Pulseaudio - whilst adding a required build dependency I changed the recipe so
that it doesn't require X unless the X11 distro feature is enabled.

Cheers,
Joshua

The following changes since commit 0809f98e995d3a2ce24ad25bade3dcd5154061fd:

  lighttpd 1.4.29: rename index.html to avoid clashes with DL_DIR (2011-11-07 14:03:38 +0000)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib josh/work
  http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=josh/work

Joshua Lock (12):
  cogl: add cogl 1.8.0 recipe
  clutter-1.8: add 1.8.0
  clutter-gst-1.8: add 1.4.2 for use with clutter 1.8
  clutter-gtk-1.8: add clutter-gtk 0.11.4
  mx: add mx toolkit 1.3.2
  classes/[gnome|gnomebase|mime]: merge meta-oe's enhance gnome related
    classes
  gconf: add upstream GNOME gconf 3.2.3 and drop gconf-dbus
  libcanberra: add libvorbis to DEPENDS
  gypsy: fix packaging
  connman: split scripts into separate package
  pulseaudio: make X11 dependencies optional and add gtk+
  contacts: fix packaging of icons

 meta/classes/gnome-base.bbclass                    |   15 +++++
 meta/classes/gnome.bbclass                         |   19 +-----
 meta/classes/gnomebase.bbclass                     |   32 +++++++++++
 meta/classes/mime.bbclass                          |   56 +++++++++++++++++++
 meta/conf/distro/include/default-providers.inc     |    2 -
 meta/conf/multilib.conf                            |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman.inc      |    6 ++-
 meta/recipes-connectivity/gypsy/gypsy_0.8.bb       |    4 +-
 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf-3.2.3/nointro.patch |   59 ++++++++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf-dbus_705.bb         |   43 --------------
 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf_3.2.3.bb            |   43 ++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-1.8_1.8.0.bb |   26 +++++++++
 .../clutter/clutter-gst-1.8_1.4.2.bb               |   22 +++++++
 .../clutter/clutter-gst/enable_tests-1.8.bb        |   15 +++++
 .../clutter/clutter-gtk-1.8_0.11.4.bb              |   11 ++++
 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/cogl.inc             |    2 +-
 .../clutter/cogl/macro-versions.patch              |   26 +++++++++
 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/cogl_1.8.0.bb        |    9 +++
 meta/recipes-graphics/mx/mx_1.3.2.bb               |   17 ++++++
 .../pulseaudio/libcanberra_0.28.bb                 |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-multimedia/pulseaudio/pulseaudio.inc  |    4 +-
 meta/recipes-sato/pimlico/contacts.inc             |    3 +-
 22 files changed, 348 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 meta/classes/gnome-base.bbclass
 create mode 100644 meta/classes/gnomebase.bbclass
 create mode 100644 meta/classes/mime.bbclass
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf-3.2.3/nointro.patch
 delete mode 100644 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf-dbus_705.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf_3.2.3.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-1.8_1.8.0.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-gst-1.8_1.4.2.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-gst/enable_tests-1.8.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-gtk-1.8_0.11.4.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/cogl/macro-versions.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/cogl_1.8.0.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/mx/mx_1.3.2.bb
Richard Purdie - Nov. 8, 2011, 2:18 p.m.
On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 16:10 -0800, Joshua Lock wrote:
> All,
> 
> Here's a series of patches I developed whilst trying to play around with some
> Clutter based software.
> 
> The interesting pieces may be:
> Clutter 1.8 series recipes - do we want/need to keep clutter 1.6 around?
> Are we OK with continuing to namespace the clutter recipes by clutter
> version?

Yes, I think this makes sense.

> Gconf - I've pulled in GConf from upstream as the D-Bus backend is maintained
> there now. For this I pulled in the gnome-related classes from meta-oe as they
> simplified this recipe and I've been wanting to see them merged for some time.

I had to drop this patch as the gnome classes need a bit more work. I'd
like to get gconf resolved though.

> Pulseaudio - whilst adding a required build dependency I changed the recipe so
> that it doesn't require X unless the X11 distro feature is enabled.
> 

So I merged the series apart from the gnome class and gconf pieces.

Cheers,

Richard
Saul Wold - Nov. 8, 2011, 3:48 p.m.
On 11/08/2011 06:18 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 16:10 -0800, Joshua Lock wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Here's a series of patches I developed whilst trying to play around with some
>> Clutter based software.
>>
>> The interesting pieces may be:
>> Clutter 1.8 series recipes - do we want/need to keep clutter 1.6 around?
>> Are we OK with continuing to namespace the clutter recipes by clutter
>> version?
>
> Yes, I think this makes sense.
>
Yes to maintaining the version number, but not sure we want to keep 1.6 
around, also do you need to add a similar .bbappend for clutter-1.8 for 
the meta-yocto atom-pc configuration?

Sau!

>> Gconf - I've pulled in GConf from upstream as the D-Bus backend is maintained
>> there now. For this I pulled in the gnome-related classes from meta-oe as they
>> simplified this recipe and I've been wanting to see them merged for some time.
>
> I had to drop this patch as the gnome classes need a bit more work. I'd
> like to get gconf resolved though.
>
>> Pulseaudio - whilst adding a required build dependency I changed the recipe so
>> that it doesn't require X unless the X11 distro feature is enabled.
>>
>
> So I merged the series apart from the gnome class and gconf pieces.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Openembedded-core mailing list
> Openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openembedded-core
>
Saul Wold - Nov. 8, 2011, 5:36 p.m.
On 11/07/2011 04:10 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
> All,
>
> Here's a series of patches I developed whilst trying to play around with some
> Clutter based software.
>
Did you look at the clutter_git versions at all?  I thought I recently 
saw a problem with clutter_git also with COGL.

Sau!

> The interesting pieces may be:
> Clutter 1.8 series recipes - do we want/need to keep clutter 1.6 around?
> Are we OK with continuing to namespace the clutter recipes by clutter
> version?
>
> Gconf - I've pulled in GConf from upstream as the D-Bus backend is maintained
> there now. For this I pulled in the gnome-related classes from meta-oe as they
> simplified this recipe and I've been wanting to see them merged for some time.
>
> Pulseaudio - whilst adding a required build dependency I changed the recipe so
> that it doesn't require X unless the X11 distro feature is enabled.
>
> Cheers,
> Joshua
>
> The following changes since commit 0809f98e995d3a2ce24ad25bade3dcd5154061fd:
>
>    lighttpd 1.4.29: rename index.html to avoid clashes with DL_DIR (2011-11-07 14:03:38 +0000)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>    git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib josh/work
>    http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=josh/work
>
> Joshua Lock (12):
>    cogl: add cogl 1.8.0 recipe
>    clutter-1.8: add 1.8.0
>    clutter-gst-1.8: add 1.4.2 for use with clutter 1.8
>    clutter-gtk-1.8: add clutter-gtk 0.11.4
>    mx: add mx toolkit 1.3.2
>    classes/[gnome|gnomebase|mime]: merge meta-oe's enhance gnome related
>      classes
>    gconf: add upstream GNOME gconf 3.2.3 and drop gconf-dbus
>    libcanberra: add libvorbis to DEPENDS
>    gypsy: fix packaging
>    connman: split scripts into separate package
>    pulseaudio: make X11 dependencies optional and add gtk+
>    contacts: fix packaging of icons
>
>   meta/classes/gnome-base.bbclass                    |   15 +++++
>   meta/classes/gnome.bbclass                         |   19 +-----
>   meta/classes/gnomebase.bbclass                     |   32 +++++++++++
>   meta/classes/mime.bbclass                          |   56 +++++++++++++++++++
>   meta/conf/distro/include/default-providers.inc     |    2 -
>   meta/conf/multilib.conf                            |    2 +-
>   meta/recipes-connectivity/connman/connman.inc      |    6 ++-
>   meta/recipes-connectivity/gypsy/gypsy_0.8.bb       |    4 +-
>   meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf-3.2.3/nointro.patch |   59 ++++++++++++++++++++
>   meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf-dbus_705.bb         |   43 --------------
>   meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf_3.2.3.bb            |   43 ++++++++++++++
>   meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-1.8_1.8.0.bb |   26 +++++++++
>   .../clutter/clutter-gst-1.8_1.4.2.bb               |   22 +++++++
>   .../clutter/clutter-gst/enable_tests-1.8.bb        |   15 +++++
>   .../clutter/clutter-gtk-1.8_0.11.4.bb              |   11 ++++
>   meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/cogl.inc             |    2 +-
>   .../clutter/cogl/macro-versions.patch              |   26 +++++++++
>   meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/cogl_1.8.0.bb        |    9 +++
>   meta/recipes-graphics/mx/mx_1.3.2.bb               |   17 ++++++
>   .../pulseaudio/libcanberra_0.28.bb                 |    2 +-
>   meta/recipes-multimedia/pulseaudio/pulseaudio.inc  |    4 +-
>   meta/recipes-sato/pimlico/contacts.inc             |    3 +-
>   22 files changed, 348 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)
>   create mode 100644 meta/classes/gnome-base.bbclass
>   create mode 100644 meta/classes/gnomebase.bbclass
>   create mode 100644 meta/classes/mime.bbclass
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf-3.2.3/nointro.patch
>   delete mode 100644 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf-dbus_705.bb
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-gnome/gnome/gconf_3.2.3.bb
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-1.8_1.8.0.bb
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-gst-1.8_1.4.2.bb
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-gst/enable_tests-1.8.bb
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/clutter-gtk-1.8_0.11.4.bb
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/cogl/macro-versions.patch
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/clutter/cogl_1.8.0.bb
>   create mode 100644 meta/recipes-graphics/mx/mx_1.3.2.bb
>
Joshua Lock - Nov. 8, 2011, 6:31 p.m.
On 08/11/11 09:36, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 11/07/2011 04:10 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Here's a series of patches I developed whilst trying to play around
>> with some
>> Clutter based software.
>>
> Did you look at the clutter_git versions at all?  I thought I recently
> saw a problem with clutter_git also with COGL.

Sorry, I didn't do anything with the _git recipes.

Joshua
Saul Wold - Nov. 15, 2011, 7:03 p.m.
On 11/08/2011 06:18 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 16:10 -0800, Joshua Lock wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Here's a series of patches I developed whilst trying to play around with some
>> Clutter based software.
>>
>> The interesting pieces may be:
>> Clutter 1.8 series recipes - do we want/need to keep clutter 1.6 around?
>> Are we OK with continuing to namespace the clutter recipes by clutter
>> version?
>
> Yes, I think this makes sense.

Why do we want to continue the clutter the namespace with version 
numbers?  Was this not for a past issue with mis-matched API/ABI?

If that problem is solved, then next remove that version info.

Sau!

>
>> Gconf - I've pulled in GConf from upstream as the D-Bus backend is maintained
>> there now. For this I pulled in the gnome-related classes from meta-oe as they
>> simplified this recipe and I've been wanting to see them merged for some time.
>
> I had to drop this patch as the gnome classes need a bit more work. I'd
> like to get gconf resolved though.
>
>> Pulseaudio - whilst adding a required build dependency I changed the recipe so
>> that it doesn't require X unless the X11 distro feature is enabled.
>>
>
> So I merged the series apart from the gnome class and gconf pieces.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Openembedded-core mailing list
> Openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openembedded-core
>
Richard Purdie - Nov. 15, 2011, 9:38 p.m.
On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 11:03 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 11/08/2011 06:18 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 16:10 -0800, Joshua Lock wrote:
> >> All,
> >>
> >> Here's a series of patches I developed whilst trying to play around with some
> >> Clutter based software.
> >>
> >> The interesting pieces may be:
> >> Clutter 1.8 series recipes - do we want/need to keep clutter 1.6 around?
> >> Are we OK with continuing to namespace the clutter recipes by clutter
> >> version?
> >
> > Yes, I think this makes sense.
> 
> Why do we want to continue the clutter the namespace with version 
> numbers?  Was this not for a past issue with mis-matched API/ABI?
> 
> If that problem is solved, then next remove that version info.

Clutter produces libraries with a very specific namespace so you can
parallel install clutter 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8. Applications compile against
a given version of the library.

Having the major lib version as part of the package name therefore makes
sense. There aren't a lot of projects that do this but this one does and
it continues to make sense to namespace it accordingly.

Cheers,

Richard
Joshua Lock - Nov. 15, 2011, 9:48 p.m.
On 15/11/11 13:38, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 11:03 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:
>> On 11/08/2011 06:18 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
>>> On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 16:10 -0800, Joshua Lock wrote:
>>>> All,
>>>>
>>>> Here's a series of patches I developed whilst trying to play around with some
>>>> Clutter based software.
>>>>
>>>> The interesting pieces may be:
>>>> Clutter 1.8 series recipes - do we want/need to keep clutter 1.6 around?
>>>> Are we OK with continuing to namespace the clutter recipes by clutter
>>>> version?
>>>
>>> Yes, I think this makes sense.
>>
>> Why do we want to continue the clutter the namespace with version 
>> numbers?  Was this not for a past issue with mis-matched API/ABI?
>>
>> If that problem is solved, then next remove that version info.
> 
> Clutter produces libraries with a very specific namespace so you can
> parallel install clutter 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8. Applications compile against
> a given version of the library.
> 
> Having the major lib version as part of the package name therefore makes
> sense. There aren't a lot of projects that do this but this one does and
> it continues to make sense to namespace it accordingly.

With this knowledge "in hand" I've just re-read the 1.8 release notes[1]
and, for better or for worse, this is no longer the case:

"
* This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable release
of Clutter.
* Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files from
the installation of the current release of Clutter.
"

For point 1 I'd added a patch to PROVIDES = "clutter-1.6" but I'm not
sure what makes sense in the context of point 2.

Cheers,
Joshua

1.
http://www.clutter-project.org/blogs/archive/2011-09/clutter-1.8.0-stable-release