Patchwork [0/7] Qt4 upgrade/fixes

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Paul Eggleton
Date Sept. 30, 2011, 4:33 p.m.
Message ID <cover.1317400021.git.paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/12571/
State New, archived
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib paule/qt4_upgrade

Comments

Paul Eggleton - Sept. 30, 2011, 4:33 p.m.
This is a pull request for Eric Bénard's qt4_upgrade branch, including
an update of Qt to 4.7.4 (preserving 4.7.3 until other layers such as
meta-oe, meta-yocto etc. can sync up) as well as several important bug
fixes.

The patches look good; if was to be really picky though I would say that
the two demo/doc patches in the series ought to be merged into one patch,
and there are a few typos in the commit messages. I'm also relying on
others to review the correctness of the armv6-vfp no-neon patch as I have
no knowledge of this area.


The following changes since commit c54c1280fc0d06a53e23339c3913ec88eead13d9:

  base.bbclass: Drop unneeded dependency (2011-09-30 11:34:44 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib paule/qt4_upgrade
  http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=paule/qt4_upgrade

Denis Carikli (3):
  qt4.inc: remove the optional documentation package from the demo's
    RRECOMMENDS
  qt4(embedded and x11): disable neon for armv6-vfp
  qt4.inc: package qtdemo's docs in a separate package

Eric Bénard (3):
  qt4e-demo-image: improve image
  qt4: fix generated sdk
  qt4: update to latest version 4.7.4

Otavio Salvador (1):
  qt4: fix translation support

 meta/recipes-qt/images/qt4e-demo-image.bb          |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-qt/meta/meta-toolchain-qte.bb         |    7 ++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.3.inc                   |    9 +--
 .../recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.3/fix-translations.patch |   32 ++++++++++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4.inc                   |   62 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../0001-Added-Openembedded-crossarch-option.patch |   47 ++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4/fix-qtbug-20925.patch |   56 +++++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4/g++.conf              |   60 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../qt4/qt-4.7.4/hack-out-pg2-4.7.0.patch          |   31 +++++++++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4/linux.conf            |   66 ++++++++++++++++++++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-embedded.inc               |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-embedded_4.7.3.bb          |    4 +-
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-embedded_4.7.4.bb          |   12 ++++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-native.inc                 |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-native_4.7.4.bb            |   18 +++++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-tools-nativesdk.inc        |   24 ++++----
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-tools-nativesdk_4.7.4.bb   |   11 +++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free.inc               |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free_4.7.3.bb          |    4 +-
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free_4.7.4.bb          |   13 ++++
 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4.inc                        |    7 ++-
 21 files changed, 445 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.3/fix-translations.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4.inc
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4/0001-Added-Openembedded-crossarch-option.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4/fix-qtbug-20925.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4/g++.conf
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4/hack-out-pg2-4.7.0.patch
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt-4.7.4/linux.conf
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-embedded_4.7.4.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-native_4.7.4.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-tools-nativesdk_4.7.4.bb
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free_4.7.4.bb
Richard Purdie - Sept. 30, 2011, 4:57 p.m.
On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 17:33 +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> This is a pull request for Eric Bénard's qt4_upgrade branch, including
> an update of Qt to 4.7.4 (preserving 4.7.3 until other layers such as
> meta-oe, meta-yocto etc. can sync up) as well as several important bug
> fixes.
> 
> The patches look good; if was to be really picky though I would say that
> the two demo/doc patches in the series ought to be merged into one patch,
> and there are a few typos in the commit messages. I'm also relying on
> others to review the correctness of the armv6-vfp no-neon patch as I have
> no knowledge of this area.
> 
> 
> The following changes since commit c54c1280fc0d06a53e23339c3913ec88eead13d9:
> 
>   base.bbclass: Drop unneeded dependency (2011-09-30 11:34:44 +0100)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib paule/qt4_upgrade
>   http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=paule/qt4_upgrade
> 
> Denis Carikli (3):
>   qt4.inc: remove the optional documentation package from the demo's
>     RRECOMMENDS
>   qt4(embedded and x11): disable neon for armv6-vfp
>   qt4.inc: package qtdemo's docs in a separate package
> 
> Eric Bénard (3):
>   qt4e-demo-image: improve image
>   qt4: fix generated sdk
>   qt4: update to latest version 4.7.4
> 
> Otavio Salvador (1):
>   qt4: fix translation support

Thanks Paul. I fixed the typos and queued this on master-next.

Cheers,

Richard
lumag - Oct. 2, 2011, 6:45 p.m.
On 09/30/2011 08:57 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 17:33 +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
>> This is a pull request for Eric Bénard's qt4_upgrade branch, including
>> an update of Qt to 4.7.4 (preserving 4.7.3 until other layers such as
>> meta-oe, meta-yocto etc. can sync up) as well as several important bug
>> fixes.
>>
>> The patches look good; if was to be really picky though I would say that
>> the two demo/doc patches in the series ought to be merged into one patch,
>> and there are a few typos in the commit messages. I'm also relying on
>> others to review the correctness of the armv6-vfp no-neon patch as I have
>> no knowledge of this area.
>>
>>
>> The following changes since commit c54c1280fc0d06a53e23339c3913ec88eead13d9:
>>
>>    base.bbclass: Drop unneeded dependency (2011-09-30 11:34:44 +0100)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>    git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib paule/qt4_upgrade
>>    http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=paule/qt4_upgrade
>>
>> Denis Carikli (3):
>>    qt4.inc: remove the optional documentation package from the demo's
>>      RRECOMMENDS
>>    qt4(embedded and x11): disable neon for armv6-vfp
>>    qt4.inc: package qtdemo's docs in a separate package
>>
>> Eric Bénard (3):
>>    qt4e-demo-image: improve image
>>    qt4: fix generated sdk
>>    qt4: update to latest version 4.7.4
>>
>> Otavio Salvador (1):
>>    qt4: fix translation support
>
> Thanks Paul. I fixed the typos and queued this on master-next.

It seems, during 4.7.3 -> 4.7.4 addition, fix-translation patch got 
lost. Richard please reaply the "qt4: fix translation support" after 
s/4.7.3/4.7.4/ . I can provide a patch if you'd like.

>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Openembedded-core mailing list
> Openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openembedded-core
Richard Purdie - Oct. 4, 2011, 1:21 p.m.
On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 22:45 +0400, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> On 09/30/2011 08:57 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 17:33 +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> >> This is a pull request for Eric Bénard's qt4_upgrade branch, including
> >> an update of Qt to 4.7.4 (preserving 4.7.3 until other layers such as
> >> meta-oe, meta-yocto etc. can sync up) as well as several important bug
> >> fixes.
> >>
> >> The patches look good; if was to be really picky though I would say that
> >> the two demo/doc patches in the series ought to be merged into one patch,
> >> and there are a few typos in the commit messages. I'm also relying on
> >> others to review the correctness of the armv6-vfp no-neon patch as I have
> >> no knowledge of this area.
> >>
> >>
> >> The following changes since commit c54c1280fc0d06a53e23339c3913ec88eead13d9:
> >>
> >>    base.bbclass: Drop unneeded dependency (2011-09-30 11:34:44 +0100)
> >>
> >> are available in the git repository at:
> >>    git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib paule/qt4_upgrade
> >>    http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=paule/qt4_upgrade
> >>
> >> Denis Carikli (3):
> >>    qt4.inc: remove the optional documentation package from the demo's
> >>      RRECOMMENDS
> >>    qt4(embedded and x11): disable neon for armv6-vfp
> >>    qt4.inc: package qtdemo's docs in a separate package
> >>
> >> Eric Bénard (3):
> >>    qt4e-demo-image: improve image
> >>    qt4: fix generated sdk
> >>    qt4: update to latest version 4.7.4
> >>
> >> Otavio Salvador (1):
> >>    qt4: fix translation support
> >
> > Thanks Paul. I fixed the typos and queued this on master-next.
> 
> It seems, during 4.7.3 -> 4.7.4 addition, fix-translation patch got 
> lost. Richard please reaply the "qt4: fix translation support" after 
> s/4.7.3/4.7.4/ . I can provide a patch if you'd like.

Thanks, I'll merge your two patches. If there is anything else qt4
related that is missing please let me know as I'm assuming these merges
bring the qt4 patches up to date!

Cheers,

Richard