Patchwork [RC,Fixes,00/19] Fixes for Multi-Lib & other patches

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Saul Wold
Date Sept. 21, 2011, 9:39 a.m.
Message ID <cover.1316597628.git.sgw@linux.intel.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/11837/
State New, archived
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib sgw/stage

Comments

Saul Wold - Sept. 21, 2011, 9:39 a.m.
Richard,

I have build (not booted) these fixes and for the most part
they seem to address alot of the issues we have seen.  There
is still some problems with python and gtk+ needing to be 
cleaned before do_rootfs is sucessful.

This is a major step forward based on some of the issues we 
have seen and may require some additional fixes for an RC4.

Sau!

(It's really too late here, and I apologize upfront for any 
real bad misse).



The following changes since commit 81274f4488fbc4d68d150870735ec0181b60b451:

  freetype: disable bzip2 compressed font support (2011-09-19 13:14:03 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib sgw/stage
  http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=sgw/stage

Anders Darander (3):
  libzypp: git repo moved to github
  sat-solver: git repo moved to github
  zypper: git repo moved to github

Daniel Lazzari (1):
  Fix alsa-utils package dependencies

Dexuan Cui (1):
  deb packages support: switch from /var/dpkg to /var/lib/dpkg

Dongxiao Xu (4):
  rpm: add multilib prefix for archs under deploy/rpm
  multilib: install MULTILIB_IMAGE_INSTALL
  libpng: avoid dangling link in libpng package
  libpng: add libpng12-dev packages

Mark Hatle (5):
  Fix RPM dependencies
  Add a run-time dependency that eglibc support GNU_HASH
  Update python dependencies to be simply to "python"
  busybox: Enhance to add dynamic per-file provides
  multilib_global.bbclass: Fix non-multilib package provides

Paul Eggleton (1):
  scripts/combo-layer: fix still overzealous regex in default hook
    script

Saul Wold (4):
  distrodata: fix distro_check code
  distro tracking: Update Distro Aliases
  avahi: Refactor recipe to move UI to avahi-ui
  oprofileui: Change avahi to avahi-ui depends

 meta/classes/distrodata.bbclass                    |   19 ++++-
 meta/classes/multilib.bbclass                      |    5 +
 meta/classes/multilib_global.bbclass               |   27 +++++-
 meta/classes/package.bbclass                       |    6 ++
 meta/classes/package_deb.bbclass                   |   10 +-
 meta/classes/package_rpm.bbclass                   |   44 +++++++----
 meta/classes/populate_sdk_deb.bbclass              |    4 +-
 meta/classes/rootfs_deb.bbclass                    |   20 +++---
 meta/classes/rootfs_rpm.bbclass                    |    8 ++-
 .../conf/distro/include/distro_tracking_fields.inc |   83 ++++++++++++++++++-
 meta/lib/oe/distro_check.py                        |    8 +-
 meta/recipes-connectivity/avahi/avahi-ui_0.6.30.bb |   37 +++++++++
 meta/recipes-connectivity/avahi/avahi.inc          |   86 ++++++++++---------
 meta/recipes-connectivity/avahi/avahi_0.6.30.bb    |    6 +-
 meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox.inc              |   32 +++++++
 meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.18.5.bb        |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-package.inc        |    3 +-
 meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.12.bb            |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.13.bb            |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-devtools/apt/apt-native_0.7.14.bb     |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-devtools/apt/apt_0.7.14.bb            |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-devtools/apt/files/apt.conf           |    4 +-
 .../dpkg/run-postinsts/run-postinsts               |    2 +-
 .../dpkg/run-postinsts/run-postinsts.awk           |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-devtools/dpkg/run-postinsts_1.0.bb    |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-devtools/rpm/rpm/pythondeps.sh        |   16 ++++
 meta/recipes-devtools/rpm/rpm_5.4.0.bb             |    4 +-
 .../update-alternatives-dpkg.inc                   |    6 +-
 meta/recipes-extended/libzypp/libzypp_git.bb       |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-extended/sat-solver/sat-solver_git.bb |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-extended/zypper/zypper_git.bb         |    2 +-
 meta/recipes-kernel/oprofile/oprofileui.inc        |    2 +-
 .../recipes-multimedia/alsa/alsa-utils_1.0.24.2.bb |    7 +-
 meta/recipes-multimedia/libpng/libpng_1.2.46.bb    |    8 +-
 scripts/combo-layer-hook-default.sh                |    2 +-
 35 files changed, 354 insertions(+), 115 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 meta/recipes-connectivity/avahi/avahi-ui_0.6.30.bb
 create mode 100755 meta/recipes-devtools/rpm/rpm/pythondeps.sh
Richard Purdie - Sept. 21, 2011, 12:44 p.m.
On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 02:39 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
> I have build (not booted) these fixes and for the most part
> they seem to address alot of the issues we have seen.  There
> is still some problems with python and gtk+ needing to be 
> cleaned before do_rootfs is sucessful.
> 
> This is a major step forward based on some of the issues we 
> have seen and may require some additional fixes for an RC4.

> 
> The following changes since commit 81274f4488fbc4d68d150870735ec0181b60b451:
> 
>   freetype: disable bzip2 compressed font support (2011-09-19 13:14:03 +0100)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib sgw/stage
>   http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=sgw/stage
> 
> Anders Darander (3):
>   libzypp: git repo moved to github
>   sat-solver: git repo moved to github
>   zypper: git repo moved to github
> 
> Daniel Lazzari (1):
>   Fix alsa-utils package dependencies
> 
> Dexuan Cui (1):
>   deb packages support: switch from /var/dpkg to /var/lib/dpkg
> 
> Dongxiao Xu (4):
>   rpm: add multilib prefix for archs under deploy/rpm
>   multilib: install MULTILIB_IMAGE_INSTALL
>   libpng: avoid dangling link in libpng package

I took all the above.

>   libpng: add libpng12-dev packages

I did not take this since I believe it was incorrect. Instead I've
pushed an RPROVIDES addition.
> 
> Mark Hatle (5):
>   Fix RPM dependencies
>   Add a run-time dependency that eglibc support GNU_HASH
>   Update python dependencies to be simply to "python"

This change wasn't what I meant to invalidate the sstate cache. I've
changed it to do what I was meaning.

>   busybox: Enhance to add dynamic per-file provides
>   multilib_global.bbclass: Fix non-multilib package provides
> 
> Paul Eggleton (1):
>   scripts/combo-layer: fix still overzealous regex in default hook
>     script
> 
> Saul Wold (4):
>   distrodata: fix distro_check code
>   distro tracking: Update Distro Aliases
>   avahi: Refactor recipe to move UI to avahi-ui
>   oprofileui: Change avahi to avahi-ui depends

and I took the rest of the above apart from the patch Koen is
questioning.

Cheers,

Richard